What gigs have you seen lately?

Saw Tumbleweed and The Meanies a couple of weeks ago. Always like seeing The Meanies, while Tumbleweed are just a great live band.

On Sunday I saw Fozzy, Buckcherry and Steel Panther at the Myer Music Bowl. Awesome show. SP had a big screen behind the stage, with displays that complemented the songs and made the whole show even funnier than normal.

Anyone going to Soundwave or seeing any of the 'Sidewaves'? I'm going to the festival and seeing Living Colour. Unfortunately the latter clashes with Alice in Chains.

I am due to go to the Brisbane one this weekend, should be alright. Can't remember who is playing, I just remember a 2 or 3 hour disinteresting part in the arvo for my personal tastes

Because I am such a nerdy type of bloke, I have looked at, and decided upon a light itinerary for this weekend, then the timetable changed, and I did it again :lol: This year I will be almost prepared for the good bands

Went to Springsteen in Sydney last night. Superb.

Soundwave on Saturday. I'm not particularly excited about most of the bands so I'm just going to stick to one stage or wander about until I get sick of it.

I'm going mainly because Living Colour and AIC are playing. Didn't go last year because I wasn't very interested in the lineup.

Oh, I screwed up re AIC sidewave dates. They're playing the same night that Megadeth were meant to, but now the show's sold out. Damn.

I'm not going to Soundwave this year but I am off to see Mastodon/Baroness/Gojira and Alice in Chains/Down/Walking Papers. Had no idea what Walking Papers was until Jimmy from Down told me it was Duff McKagan's latest new band, so they'll be worth seeing. The problem with Soundwave now is that it's so big that some of the bands get overlooked by others. SOiL, Hardcore Superstar (now cancelled) and Stiff Little Fingers would all be good to see but who knew they're even on the bill?

I've never heard of Walking Papers, SOiL or Stiff Little Fingers, so my eyes would have skimmed right over them when reading the bill. But then I'm not with it like I used to be prior to having kids.

Mushroomhead were the pick of the day. I think they were surprised at how many people were there to see them, and just put their best in from the get go. Same for Volbeat, you could see that they were surprised at the crowd they had. Was great to be at the front for both of them

I saw Soil at Download in 2012 and they were great. Walking Papers were there last year but I really have no interest in Duff outside GNR.

Anyway, did Soundwave on Saturday. Biffy Clyro and Heaven's Basement were the only bands I really needed to see but of course they clashed, so I went with Biffy instead because I've seen Heaven's Basement at the last two Downloads (saw Biffy at Download 2012 but they were pretty average then). Anyway, they were great on Saturday and I can't wait to see them again in September when they tour.

I hung out with my friend for the rest of the day so I just saw what she wanted to see. It was a nice day and I liked not having to stress about making it to bands. So I saw a bit of Alkaline Trio, Our Last Night, a bit of AFI, a bit of Gwar, most of Placebo, A Day to Remember, a bit of Alice in Chains, a bit of Korn, most of Jimmy Eat World, the first hour or so of Green Day and the first two or three songs of letlive. Left just before 9.

So I wasn't passionate about seeing most of anything on the bill but I didn't mind. Most of the bands I was interested in I had seen at the last two Downloads so was cool with missing them.

I'm going to Melbourne SW this Friday yet again (this will be my 5th SW, have been to every one 2010 and beyond).

This year I'm mainly going for A7X, Dillinger Esc. Plan (1st 2 clash and will aim to see all of A7X since I saw a full DEP gig in 2009), Down & Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, but once I get my head around the timetable to what clashes etc, I might check out Korn, Clutch, Baroness heck maybe even Eagles of Death Metal.

2010 I was in the mosh for Faith No More, in 2011 I was in the mosh for Maiden (surprise surprise), 2012 I was in the mosh for Limp Bizkit (and their headline show at Festival Hall last year was epic), Last year I managed to rail and get my face on the big screen for Metallica.

This year I'll probably just rock up at the festival a bit before 11, there's two people I'm catching up with and will just have beers during the down times. I think A7X are awesome, but not fussed whether I'm in the pit for that or if I watch them from a distance!

Sounds like it was a good day out then in Bris and Syd. What kind of band are Mushroomhead? I suppose I really should just check all these bands I've not heard out on spotify. It'd be cool to go with friends, but then I'd miss bands I want to see. Hence I usually go by myself, as I will again on Friday.

I went to see Vanishing Point and Bane of Winterstorm on the weekend. I'd been hangin' to see VP again, so it was great to do so, though I didn't know the new songs. They sound really good though, so I'm keen to get the new album. I think the new members have given them renewed energy. Meanwhile, Bane of Winterstorm are seriously impressive.

Bozza, if you've got an iphone or Android there's a Soundwave app, which makes working out who you're going to see a lot easier. Amon Amarth are on at 11, which is a pretty good way to start the day. I think they put popular bands on early now to get people through the gates.

I think this years SW lineup was killer, pissed I missed it!

I have a few gigs coming up that has my ear pussy pretty wet though. Editors in Camden in a few weeks will be amazing, their latest was my fav album of 2013. In May I have Katatonia playing an unplugged set in a church turned venue which they have said will deliver an unmissable set. Can't wait. And the following week, The Sisters of Mercy in Amsterdam. Orr shiiit!

Not sure if I will hit any festivals this year but it is looking unlikely. Definitely be looking to next year before returning home though.