What gigs have you seen lately?

i went to Testament sidewave show. this was an amazing night with 400 die-hard Testament fans packed into the small venue. The crowd was singing along and fist in the air true underground thrash metal. Despite listening to metal in the 80's somehow i missed Testament.I only became aware of them a few years ago when they toured Australia for the first time.

Last weekend i had to choose between Iced Earth and The Sweet. in the end since i had seen Iced Earth a couple of years ago (and also in 2004 in New Orleans), i chose The Sweet as i had not seen them for over 20 years when they played at Selinas. The Sweet put in a solid rock show without being anything too spectacu6lar. i enjoyed the night but i don't think i would be rushing to buy tickets again.

Yep, bought my ticket for Dream Theater today. A pain that they're not doing Brisbane, but considering the empty seats last time I'm not surprised.

Seeing Queen + Adam Lambert on Sept 1, then Biffy Clyro and the Amity Affliction later that week (saw the latter at Download because I like to try and see Australian bands there, and was pleasantly surprised). Then I'm seeing Boy & Bear the following weekend.

Bob Dylan announced a show at the Tivoli next week before his show at the convention centre so I'm going to see if I can get a ticket, even though I'm not a big fan. It'll be something to tell someone's grandkids if I see him at a club gig.

And then I'm flying down to Sydney again in November to see Yes.

DT tickets were pretty expensive last time as well, so it's not super surprising that they had empty seats.

Sounds like you've got an action packed time coming up.

Anyone going to head to Soundwave? I'm very keen to see FNM and also Soundgarden and Fear Factory.

Yep, I'll be going to Soundwave. Not many bands I'm in a rush to see - no interest in Slipknot despite several attempts to get into them, so I'll probably skip them that day (hoping Slash is on at the same time). Definitely seeing FNM. Haven't seen them since 1997.

Saw Bob Dylan last night in his only club gig of the tour. I can't say I enjoyed it. Still, got to see him (sort of - the Tivoli has a low stage and there were too many tall people in front of me) live in an intimate setting, so yeah.

Queen coming up on Monday night for me.

Yeah, people were lining up since 4am so no chance of that. I'm going to be more bossy when I go back to see Biffy Clyro on Thursday night.

Saw Biffy Clyro last night at the Tivoli (stood upstairs - thanks Southy!). One of the best gigs I've ever been to. Easily top 3.