What gigs have you seen lately?

Killer Be Killed's self titled was my favourite album from 2014 Rob, check it out! A mishmash of styles from its contributors Max Cavalera, Troy Sanders of Mastodon, and Greg Puciato from The Dillinger Escape Plan. I've never liked Dillinger, but Greg is awesome in KBK.

Been giving their album a listen on Spotify. Diggin' it!

I went to Crue and Coops. Their Brisbane support band, Hammerhead, were really good. Alice was really good. Three quarters of Motley Crue were really good, Vince not so much. Also, Tommy's drum thing didn't work - went up for about six feet, stopped and then came back down.

A good night though.

Haha Tommy's drum kit rollercoaster must have ended up like Spinal Tap's Stonehenge. Vince's voice is pretty shit.

That's the fourth time I've seen something go wrong at a gig at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre:

Kiss - Gene didn't fly up to the platform but just hung in mid-air for a few seconds and then came back down - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tMvE6zS4hE

Kiss again (different show) - Gene and Tommy were standing on platforms which were supposed to rise up and then go out over the crowd but only one of them did

Aerosmith - the drum riser moved forward along some tracks and almost ran over an unsuspecting photographer who got his foot caught and fell down.

Probably some others that I've seen but can't remember.

I was looking at going because of the Savatage reunion - yes, I would have gone purely for that - but luckily for me I couldn't get tickets on the day they went on sale. A good thing because there was no way I could afford to go after doing Donington three years in a row.

I bought tickets from viagogo at a decent price. The overall lineup is one of the weakest they've ever had I think, but due to work and the time of year etc, this is likely the only time I will ever be able to go, so thought I should go for it. I am basically only going for Running Wild. Fucking love me some Running Wild!

Hellfest and Graspop won the lineup competition this year. They both looked great, but I wasn't able to go to either.

I got tickets for Wacken next year to celebrate my 30th.

Let us know how ya went this year Blitzkrieg - be very interested to hear how it all went!

It's my 40th next year and I want to do something special for it, but it looks like it will just involve going to work and maybe having KFC that night. I've been spending far too much money on travel and such and am under a mountain of debt. Boo. :(

Yup! I'll be doing Sydney and possibly Melbourne. Kind of thinking of doing the full Australian tour, actually, but it depends on finances. Probably won't happen.

I'm toying with the idea of doing the NZ dates instead of the non-Brisbane shows. I was also toying with China but that might be stretching things a bit.

I like the fact that I've seen Maiden eight times but only twice in Brisbane.

I'd be more likely to do multiple shows if they mixed up their setlist too. If it's essentially the same then maximum two would be enough. It's always interesting to see bands in different cities though.

Anyone got gigs to see in the glut in the next couple of months? I was meant to see Bolt Thrower in late September, but the drummer died so they had to cancel. Next week is Helloween, and on the 30th is At The Gates.

I have to go o/s for work and fitted it around Helloween, then Megadeth announced the tour for the following week. Have a miss out. Oh well.