what happens to bush now?

Aparently Joey is singing 'ONLY' during some of the soundchecks so expect to hear that live at some point.
If he's doing this, surely they are trying some other stuff aswell.

as far as I'm concerned GOTE kicks the ass of all of the old albums, it's got such a kick ass live feel to it (because they recorded it so quickly), and I love those old albums, but I would pick GOTE over the old ones to crank up and bang my head any day... Bush owns the Joey material!

How much of the Bush years music are we going to hear?

Hopefully none with Belladonna singing, his girly voice would trash those tunes.

How long will Dan be able to tolerate Anthrax music that pretty much tells him that his religion is a joke?

As long as they let him

Who among you have seen them since the reunion? I have not had the opportunity yet and these things concern me as to what I am going to hear when I go see them this summer.

I went to the first Chicago gig last year, we left after Joey destroyed Deathrider, I dig old Anthrax with Joey, but to me the tunes lost the heavy edge that Bush gave them, those whiney vocals just don't cut it anymore.

Has anyone heard Joey sing "What Doesn't Die?", "Crush?", or "Killing Box?"

God no, hopefully we never will.

As far as Anthrax going back to thrash/speed metal, that's got nothing to do with Joey or John. Charlie writes the tunes, it's what he's into and feeling. Bush would be better in my opinion no matter what they come up with.

And I hope it's a rumor about Joey soundchecking Only, I'll take Sebastian Bach and Damnocracy singing that over Joey, hate to say, but even Sebastian has a more manly voice than Belladonna.

I think I might be the only one who thinks GOTE sucks. I love both the Bush/Belladonna eras for different reasons, but I think John Bush sings too much in a monotone to make the old stuff sound exciting. The cadence of the lyrics in Anthrax's music suits Joey better than John, IMO of course.

Dredd74 said:
As far as Anthrax going back to thrash/speed metal, that's got nothing to do with Joey or John. Charlie writes the tunes, it's what he's into and feeling. Bush would be better in my opinion no matter what they come up with.

And I hope it's a rumor about Joey soundchecking Only, I'll take Sebastian Bach and Damnocracy singing that over Joey, hate to say, but even Sebastian has a more manly voice than Belladonna.

Fucking hell, talk about one eyed and narrow minded. :erk:

Id just like to say that i think joey does allow the band to create more thrash/speed metal tunes. Joey is a more melodic singer than john and can sing at a higher range. This allows vocal melodies to soar over the semi quaver tripplet patterns on the bass drums and the un melodic speed riffing that was so prominant within the bands writing style on the pre SOWN albums. Take for example almost any song of ATL , SOE. The verse would consist largely of thrashy, unmelodic riffs with joey singing a melody over the top. A pre chorus and chorus would follow with both the guitars and vocals being melodic (eg. caught in a mosh, among the living etc.)

John doesnt give them this flexibility.

reidie said:
Fucking hell, talk about one eyed and narrow minded. :erk:

Id just like to say that i think joey does allow the band to create more thrash/speed metal tunes. Joey is a more melodic singer than john and can sing at a higher range. This allows vocal melodies to soar over the semi quaver tripplet patterns on the bass drums and the un melodic speed riffing that was so prominant within the bands writing style on the pre SOWN albums. Take for example almost any song of ATL , SOE. The verse would consist largely of thrashy, unmelodic riffs with joey singing a melody over the top. A pre chorus and chorus would follow with both the guitars and vocals being melodic (eg. caught in a mosh, among the living etc.)

John doesnt give them this flexibility.

And someone with a lower voice can't sing melodic?? Talk about one eyed and narrow minded. :erk: John gives them way more flexibility than Joey does. Joey can sing only one way, take him out of that and he sounds like shit. Look how he destroyed Deathrider. John has proven he can do it all. Singing at a higher range has dick to do with it. So he can add his nails on a chalkboard screams?? Big fucking deal. Anyone no matter what the tone of their voice is can sing a melody. John gave those older tunes the raw edge vocally that they lacked while still maintaining the original "melody" of the vocal line, bringing them up to date. If they have Joey singing Bush material it's gonna be another slaughter of great tunes, in my opinion. Bush can keep this band in the modern day, appealing not only to older fans like myself but younger metal heads as well.

As I said before, I was a huge Anthrax fan and saw them on the Among, SOE, and Persistence tours. I was pissed when they got rid of Belladonna, and just as I did on this reunion tour I gave the benefit of the doubt and checked it out. I went and saw Anthrax open for Fight on the SOWN tour, John blew me away!!!! The songs never had that much passion to them as they did that night and I was hooked all over. John sounded great singing them. Now when I went to this reunion tour it was like they took 1000 steps backwards, all the real emotion and power that John brought was gone. I don't see Belladonna bringing anything special to this band now, in my eyes he limits them.

Dredd74 said:
And someone with a lower voice can't sing melodic?? Talk about one eyed and narrow minded. :erk: John gives them way more flexibility than Joey does. Joey can sing only one way, take him out of that and he sounds like shit. Look how he destroyed Deathrider. John has proven he can do it all. Singing at a higher range has dick to do with it. So he can add his nails on a chalkboard screams?? Big fucking deal. Anyone no matter what the tone of their voice is can sing a melody. John gave those older tunes the raw edge vocally that they lacked while still maintaining the original "melody" of the vocal line, bringing them up to date. If they have Joey singing Bush material it's gonna be another slaughter of great tunes, in my opinion. Bush can keep this band in the modern day, appealing not only to older fans like myself but younger metal heads as well.

As I said before, I was a huge Anthrax fan and saw them on the Among, SOE, and Persistence tours. I was pissed when they got rid of Belladonna, and just as I did on this reunion tour I gave the benefit of the doubt and checked it out. I went and saw Anthrax open for Fight on the SOWN tour, John blew me away!!!! The songs never had that much passion to them as they did that night and I was hooked all over. John sounded great singing them. Now when I went to this reunion tour it was like they took 1000 steps backwards, all the real emotion and power that John brought was gone. I don't see Belladonna bringing anything special to this band now, in my eyes he limits them.

.... an RBC member i take it :lol:

Opinions are like ass hole etc.

Ozone said:
I think I might be the only one who thinks GOTE sucks. I love both the Bush/Belladonna eras for different reasons, but I think John Bush sings too much in a monotone to make the old stuff sound exciting. The cadence of the lyrics in Anthrax's music suits Joey better than John, IMO of course.

i agree i dont like GOTE. John is a great singer but for the older tunes joeys voice is much better suited

reidie said:
.... an RBC member i take it :lol:

Opinions are like ass hole etc.

That still has nothing to do with the fact that you call someone narrow minded but then post moronic narrow minded comments yourself.

Whenever you guys can't come up with anything else clever to say everyone always goes to the Must Be An RBC Member Because someone feels different than you?? Damn you're one BIG opinion!!!!

One thing I was thinking - and I am not a pro or anti Joey guy, but check it;

Think of all the material both eras have that we have never heard live. Not that this would ever happen, but, Anthrax could play an entire set with Joey, just playing Joey era stuff, and never have to play one "hit" song. Most of the POT stuff has gone unheard. A lot of the ATL and SOU4EA has also gone unheard - or not heard in a long time. So, why jump the gun and say that Joey should sing John's stuff? He has not even sang his own stuff in a long ass time! Maybe we could hear some old Joey stuff first? SSC, H8red, Now it's Dark, Howling Furies, One World, etc....

And the same goes for John Bush's material too - if they were doing a set with John they have enough material to the point where they don't have to rely on the older stuff.

Just putting that out there. You all know where I stand on this issue as I have said it a billion times in the past - just trying to put a new spin on the discussion.

As an avid Bush fan I can say that in the low range Joeys voice isn't bad and it is has some grit, that said he could pull off some of the bush stuff as long as he doesn't try to make it all high end and artsy.

Also John singing belly of the beast was pretty bad, the rest of GOTE was good.

okay what sucks is like with the original lineup back they takea step back like all of a sudden the work they did with bush gets all backdown live? so now all there hardwork with the new albums cant be played cuz bush isnt there? well that sucks, i mean and i saw the dvd and belladonna cant sing live but i've neevr seen him live so idn, and bush makes the old songs sound godly plus the bush/era songs rule !

oh and on the dvd they even said what you said about having 2 sets, and one with jon and one woth joey, and bush didnt want anythign to do with the reunion so he back out of the idea