What has happened to Bodom?

§killer_angel§ said:
hurray...this thing starting once again.... and once again I say that when I saw them live in january here in italy alexi was nearly perfect... mayube it was just a case, but anyway.... I don't think there is much to be concerned, as someone already said let his mum be...

let's wait for the new stuff and where it leads, not everyone thinks that aydy is crap, it's just a matter of taste... and I repeat about live I talk about what I saw from the first row at the concert!

Are you a guitarplayer?

I dont blame alcohol for the new direction of the actual music at all. Noone will know exactly why but I think it's just experiementing. Everyone says they've been getting heavier since Hatebreeder and this is just the next step.

People should just stop listening to them instead of making 1000 moaning threads 'cause it's fucking irritating.

^ you're right, i've been watching this forum since AYDY came out and people are still bitching.

I dont blame alcohol for the new direction of the actual music at all. Noone will know exactly why but I think it's just experiementing. Everyone says they've been getting heavier since Hatebreeder and this is just the next step.

People should just stop listening to them instead of making 1000 moaning threads 'cause it's fucking irritating.

^ well said.

Alcohol can be a cause but not an excuse. If he's gonna use it as an excuse for his poor performance now then he can be a little twat and do it. But as someone said above it's the fame. I love the most recent album, but it's more mainstream. They're giving into the hype. I don't know who or what is causing them to do it, but it's bullshit. I think maybe Alexi is just getting a little too cocky, which will bite him in the ass later, so I don't feel TOO bad. Not meaning to bash on them, just agreeing that somethin' ain't right here.

<-Warheart-> said:

Well said, I agree.
And then time goes by, sound changes, someone likes it and someone hates it, ok: but stop putting mud on someone who was -and still is- really able to play.
That's simply what I think..... as anyone has his/her own thought.

I am not hating on AYDY, like I said, Alexi has the right to write what he wants. What I said was Alexi still writes awesome songs, such as "If you want Peace..." but then he doesnt even bother attempting them live either for fear of messing up, or because he gotten too lazy to replace the HCDR songs he can probably play in his sleep at this point. A good example is the fact that Bodom has played TL&S and Bastards of Bodom live before, but then Alexi decided to "never" play the songs again for various reasons. Thats my beef, it has nothing to do with the direction of the music or alcohol or whatever.

Hmm...thinks about the posts. I think Alexi doesn't play "if you want peace.." cuz it's not a "hit" song.(even thought i love that song) Most people would rather prefer Living Dead Beat, In Your Face, or bastards of bodom. I think COB are still awsome. I saw them at unholy alliance and they were perfect. The guitar solos were great! I don't think they've lost their touch. The fans are still crazy(they might be new fans though.) Since this album was like a new direction for their music, maybe they're just starting off with something simple....like starting from the top and on the next album, it will get a lot more complicated. I have no doubt that the next album will be much better. AYDY was pretty mediocre campared to their other stuff but it was reallly catchy. AYDY rocked! At unholy alliance, Alexi's performance was great. They're still jamming and they will hopely progress on the next album.

Mystique1721 said:
we'll see if bodom can keep their fanbase, well....actually we can't even count on that anymore cuz there are more and more posers everyday who seem to like them. .

the more posers the better, thats the way they see it, more sales, more money, i really dont think they care about if they still have older fans just if they keep getting more, so for everyone that is leaving there's like 3 more joining

Nikotiini said:
there are other bands that are just as great as COB.

i disagree. name a single band who has written music like the songs on Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper. there are none, and if there are, they don't live on this planet. COB feels like no other band (with albums like Hatebreeder and FTR). Their music has an element that has yet to be accomplished by others. :headbang:

yeah norther does sound like bodom cuz bodom is their biggest influence so they purposely try to have that sound. but it comes naturally to alexi to write music like that. so no matter how hard norther tries, they will never achieve Bodom's sound. they still don't come close to sounding as perfect as bodom does. honestly, i haven't been able to find a single composer who can write music the way alexi writes...he has a certain style, that i don't think anyone can emmulate unless you like, study his compositions technically, with music theory behind it.

yes i agree. i'm sick of all the bitching and complaining too. i also saw an interview where alexi says that AYDY is just what came natural to him. well lets just hope that a little of that neo-classical will come back to his writing style. i think that's what seperates him from a lot of others.

Mystique1721 said:
i disagree. name a single band who has written music like the songs on Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper. there are none, and if there are, they don't live on this planet. COB feels like no other band (with albums like Hatebreeder and FTR). Their music has an element that has yet to be accomplished by others. :headbang:

I have to say that I agree with a big part of the things you said... :)
The music that wrote Alexi and Children of Bodom had -and still has- something different, which can make you think "My, God, this song is theirs....this piece is very particular cuz..." and, as far as I'm concerned, I still like CoB.
Yes, I loved their past sound, but I like the newest anyway...cuz, as like as the others, this last work is just what "our" CoB felt inside themselves, so we can't complain about that, cuz they expressed their feelings.....as the story about why Alexi wrote the song "Are You Dead Yet": he felt really down....and he needed to write that song in that manner...that's all. :)
So, I say that someone shouldn't put shit on their feelings....CoB are, first of all, human persons.... like us.

Lady_Laiho said:
Hmm...thinks about the posts. I think Alexi doesn't play "if you want peace.." cuz it's not a "hit" song.(even thought i love that song) Most people would rather prefer Living Dead Beat, In Your Face, or bastards of bodom. I think COB are still awsome. I saw them at unholy alliance and they were perfect. The guitar solos were great! I don't think they've lost their touch. The fans are still crazy(they might be new fans though.) Since this album was like a new direction for their music, maybe they're just starting off with something simple....like starting from the top and on the next album, it will get a lot more complicated. I have no doubt that the next album will be much better. AYDY was pretty mediocre campared to their other stuff but it was reallly catchy. AYDY rocked! At unholy alliance, Alexi's performance was great. They're still jamming and they will hopely progress on the next album.

Shit i thought it was "Lake_Laiho" :lol: