What is your favourite band of all time?

My favorite would have to be King Crimson. Just so much great material over the years and they're still putting out great stuff. A close second would be Pink Floyd, then it gets too hard...

Katatonia, followed so closely by Anathema that you'd need a microscope to see the gap.

No one reaches me like they do...

My all-time favorite band would have to be Iron Maiden. Nothing reaches me the way their music and lyrics does. Just a great band. I'm doing a research paper on them for my English class. :headbang:

After them, the top five would be, in no order:

Iced Earth
Opeth
Slayer
Blind Guardian
Dream Theater

An honorable mention has to go to Metallica, who first started me out on listening to metal in the early 90's. Then I discovered other bands, better ones...but they'll always be the first.

Hey trapped, I do sort of agree with your comment of what Metallica would end up like if Ellefson joined them, but I do think metallica needs some new fresh aggressive blood, they have gotten old and lazy, and lets face it in America, Metallica equals metal, the general populace will still listen to and buy Metallica albums, thus, they are really the only hope for metal to return , at least thats my thought. Yet the underground scene is unbelievable right now

Can't really answer to that, but now that I'm writing...
The first "metal" band that I liked and still like is King Diamond!!!
Have been listening to it since elementary school, like 12 years!
It still RAWKS THE HELL!! :headbang:

for me i'd have to say pink floyd. the dark side of the moon was the first cd i ever bought, which was only about 4 years ago. i was only 14 and didn't know much about different bands, actually music didn't interest me at the time, because all i ever heard was the crap on the radio. then i heard pink floyd through my friend and i loved it.

opeth is my favorite band at the moment though, but pink floyd showed me that there's good music out there.

This is REALLY tough for me.... but there's 2 that i think won't be beaten any time soon...

Dream Theater
Opeth

IMHO these bands have something inventive and unique, even if other bands are now trying to imitate their styles. Love 'em both to death.

I guess my favorite band changes based on what I've heard last... Whatever is fresh in my head...
I'm currently listening to Dissection, so right now, it's Dissection...