What is your favourite band of all time?

1.Metallica
2.Dan Swanö
3.Opeth
4.Children of Bodom

when all is said and done .....i'm still most thankful for having found Opeth ....without a doubt my favorite band. Anathema is up there as well ......and slipknot
(JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE LAST ONE :D...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

:rolleyes: Oh, you know!

I'm there, baby. This is it. Now if I personally feel something is better, I'll let it go and move on. Right now Opeth are my favorite band of all time.

My favorite band of ALL time: Led Zeppelin

Today, my favorite is Opeth, followed closely by The Tea Party and the now defunct Grip Inc.

But - the real answer for me is: Led Zeppelin is my favorite of ALL time. What they have over the other bands listed above is that they have stood the test of time. Maybe in 20 years, I'll feel differently, but if I judge a band on how much of their music I like - I think out of all the Led Zeppelin tunes, I may not like a handful. And, they have quite a bit more music out in the public arena then my current favorites listed above. And in addition - Led Zeppelin has influenced the music industry 10-fold over my current favorites.

It was Iron Maiden that converted me to Metal and will always be one of my top 5 bands, but if I am to name one band as fave of all time, I guess that would be Metallica.

Other faves: Anathema, Sentenced, Opeth, Katatonia, Type O Negative, Emperor, Nile, Dark Tranquillity, Dissection, Eucharist, At The Gates, Sepultura (Max era), Paradise Lost (Metal era), Edge Of Sanity (Swanö era), Soilwork, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam (first 3 albums), Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, Old Man's Child, In Flames...

Opeth is one heck of an amazing band, no doubt! One of th finest i have heard! However, until Opeth it was Nirvana for 6 1/2 long years. I still enjoy listening to Nirvana (the only real mainstream band I like, and so happen to be not around anymore...), but I think Opeth are my all-time favourite right now. Something about their music...very deep and dark with memorable solos and riffs that instantly impress the hell out of me, and I love that shit! Morningrise is my favourite album ever!

Other bands I like but haven't heard all their stuff:
At the Gates, Dissection, Katatonia & After Forever.....

Death... Chuck Schuldiner determined the norms for metal i think. Death is more than a band... Death' s music is more than "music" Death is simply the infinity. If he could be with us now, we would hear the music that someone else would be able to create many, many years from now. Death was (is) (will be) THE band, Chuck was (is) (will be) THE man... Thank you for your existence. R.I.P.

logo2.JPG

Originally posted by DeadBaytar
Death... Chuck Schuldiner determined the norms for metal i think. Death is more than a band... Death' s music is more than "music" Death is simply the infinity. If he could be with us now, we would hear the music that someone else would be able to create many, many years from now. Death was (is) (will be) THE band, Chuck was (is) (will be) THE man... Thank you for your existence. R.I.P.

AMEN!