What kind of lyrical topics do you find interesting in heavy metal

Teen lesbians are first and foremost, followed by ballads about broken love, tax law, and my favorite- songs about my nascar heroes.

5thSeason said:
haha, awsome. Ill have to check out Heavenly. My fav genre of metal would be death, melodic death, or thrash, but I love power metal as well, always good to find another good power metal band =)

Heavenly is by far the best powermetal band. and Dust to Dust has my vote for album of the year!!! :kickass:

I don't care what lyrics say as much as I care how a band express themselves, like using somo rare words (i'm not talking about gore-clinical-"cannibal-corpse" like terms) but like a not-often used vocabulary, because to me what makes metal a genre above many other genres is the fact that is more complex. When a band starts using foul words, and they start saying "fuck" and "shit" and the like, I feel the impression that they are just a buch of hardcore fags trying to look cool by using unproper language.

Like for example, children of bodom, i hate the lyrics, but the musicianship is what really saves them.

But if I were to choose a theme, I would say that i like psychological, deep, philosophical or poetic topic, like cynic, nightwish, symphony X, opeth etc

Mythology, gothic literature, urban legends, socio-political commentary, anger, positivity, confusion, sadness, love, despair, hope, God.

Science fiction, surreality, planar travelling, astral/ethereal, gore/macabre gore, dark fantasy, gore, gore, gore, Lovecraft

LordFireworm said:
Originally Posted by Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract
Science fiction, surreality, planar travelling, astral/ethereal, gore/macabre gore, dark fantasy, gore, gore, gore, Lovecraft, big chocolate butts

HAHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS AND FUNNY YOURE SO COOL MARRY ME

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
HAHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS AND FUNNY YOURE SO COOL MARRY ME
Haha.Yes.
You know what's great? I actually thought it was fucking hilarious, but that's what you get from watching old videos of Beavis and Butthead all night.

Naturalist, War, Philosophy, Religion, Life, Death, Hatred, Lovecraft, Mythology, Ancient History, Politics, Racism, Surreal, Love...pretty much alot of what I like has been mentioned here although I never could quite get into the "gore" part of metal... Some of the music is alright though.

What I enjoy:
1) war
2) the devil

What I avoid:
1) anything that seems "Mad at my Dad"
2) too much swearing starts to feel... rappy for lack of a better word -- just lyrically lazy
3) songs where society just doesn't understand the band's/singer's feelings. Even when the guy then wants to rampage and destroy it just seems pathetic somehow, like a toddler throwing a tantrum.