What language do COB usually speak?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
Yes....I know their lyrics are in English!!!

I just wondered whether they speak english to each other, or whether it's Finnish (if that is a language) or some other Eurpoean dialect.

If they do speak English, do they have accents?

Well, since the guys are from Finland, they speak finnish :)
And every finnish person has a strong accent and not too many of us can pronounce english properly, that's because in finnish language we pronounce every word just like it's written.

no..
bodomboys speak japanes exclusively, since they've toured there so intense the last years japanese has become the language of choice

Finglish is so damn cute :p The way some finn speaks english, so unique haha.
But seriously, the finnish language's pronouncaiton is far more logical than any other language's.

And CoB speaks perfect somalian to each other, not finnish, even if they were born and raised in Finland and still live there.

Demonheart said:
They use handmarks :Smug:

Nooo. They don't do that anymore, 'cause they realized that when they're drunk, it's too hard to try to twist your fingers in many different positions, that they finally gave up. Nowadays, when only the band is present, they don't speak at all. They just grunt and sneer at each other, just like the cavemen did in the early years of mankind. Though Roope isn't that familiar with this habit yet, but Ale sure as hell knew it best. :lol:

eauhaeuhueauha :loco: :lol: I must get some more sleep........ :cool:

i heard they hae evolved and only communicate like clairvoyants communicate with ghosts..

by the way, even norwegian, icelandic and swedish pronounces the words just like they are spelled.. every scandinavian country except DENMARK.. :)
i think finnish is an mix of nordic languages and russian!

finnish is a really weird language, i heard its closer to HINDI than to any other language!!
and that came froma reliable source!
and you THINK i am joking like everybody else, but i am not.

its a strange language really.. everyone in scandinavia can understand at least a little bit of the scandinavian languages.. except for finnish.. not russians can understand it.. really fucking weird

slaesh said:
i think finnish is an mix of nordic languages and russian!

M. said:
finnish is a really weird language, i heard its closer to HINDI than to any other language!!
and that came froma reliable source!
and you THINK i am joking like everybody else, but i am not.

No, it is not a mix. Nordic languages and Russian are related languages (although very distantly), they all belong to the Indo-European family of languages. Whereas Finnish is a member of a totally different language family: Finno-Ugric.

"Finno-Ugric Languages, subfamily of the Uralic languages spoken by about 25 million people in parts of northern Scandinavia, eastern Europe, and northwestern Asia. It is one of two such subfamilies, the other being the Samoyed languages spoken in northwestern Siberia."
(More information can be found here: http://www.verbix.com/languages/ugric.asp)

Hindi is spoken in India, isn't it? So it should be an Indo-European language, too. Anyway, Hindi does not appear on the map in the verbix page, so I don't think Finnish and Hindi are related.