Accents/voice

damnromulans

Klingons do not faint
Feb 2, 2010
KLINGON
Curious to know what everyone sounds like when they talk. How is your spoken English? If your first language isn't English, what sort of local dialect do you use?

My first language is American English. I talk with light "valley girl" pronunciation despite being from New York, but my parents both have Michigan midwest accents. Dunno what that's about.

I suck at Japanese but I use it quite a bit every day. My pronunciation is good but I am not great at grammar sometimes. I use a lot of local slang, "Tagawa-ben," which is unintelligible to standard Tokyo dialect.

My main and first language is American English. I am not sure if I have an accent or anything. But there are a few words that I say differently. Well, from the people I have talked to over the phone say I do like. Like, I guess I say "sure" like "shore" and on my a's, I drag them. Like, have would be haaave. I never noticed it because that is how I talk. I know a little French though. I took it my Freshmen year of high school.

My parents are eastern European immigrants so I grew up saying things like them, but I only speak American English.

My accent is Midlands, or American General. I.E. no accent, like people on TV who have generic American voices talk. Aka the right way to speak, fuckers.

itt krampus is a government agent with all these personal threads (Census thread anyone? :dopey:)

The trashiest is the upstate New York wannabe NYC accent IMO. They say shit like "wuhter" but have a bit of twang as well. Just sounds totally unclassy to me.

American english, only people from other parts of the country notice everyone else speaks funny. I thought we midstate NYer's spoke a typical form of english more common across the country with only the southern, NYC and Bostonians being odd balls but I later found out our upstate dialect was very noticable to others as well. I thought it was from me picking up some of the hillbilly drawl where I live but my Sisters husband a N.C. boy said my sister and I pronounced words the same. He also said the viocings of the native Flordians was different from his N.C. and they all sound the same southern to me. Another thing I found interesting was I have met people I swore were from the south but they were from Ohio, a state not far west of NY... go figure.

The people in Ontario sound a bit different as well.

Sadly those are the extent of my travels, all east of the Mississippi.

I speak extremely Canadian, using "eh" "sorry" and "Buddy" alot. Ill admit, my grammar ain't that good, but oh well. Even though I was born and partly raised in Germany, I am slowly loosing the language as well, especially grammar wise. And yes, overall I still have a slight accent and a medium sized lisp

The trashiest is the upstate New York wannabe NYC accent IMO. They say shit like "wuhter" but have a bit of twang as well. Just sounds totally unclassy to me.

Not sure what you are talking about here but the (mainly) Italian upstate burb boys seem part way between here and NYC... but they got the game going on ya know.

oh panzerfaust you're actually German?!?! I thought it was just the name ahahahaha. That explains why you like Japan so much.

DEUTSCH IST SO MEGAHAMMER

Midstate NY? Where you from razoredge? I'm from Albany but everyone thinks I'm from California.

Outskirts... Duanesburg, thats Schenectady co if you didnt know... up the hill from Guilderland or Rotterdam. AND yes we are the only ones that speak normal english.

I thought the people I met from Cali and Colorado sounded "normal" too but others from elsewhere claim they can hear a difference.