Accents/voice

A strong Russian accent in both Hebrew and English.Many people think I'm a new immigrant in Israel, though I've been living here for 20 years. I just don't work on my native pronunciation. Maybe I should.

So when did English become American English? If a person from Thailand is speaking English is it Thai English?

Oh I speak with an English accent :erk:

Its not even that, its plane and simple American... we took over the entire thing ya know, but fear not, its soon to become American Spanish

Thai English ? Most likely, seems all countries have their own spin on English.

A strong Russian accent in both Hebrew and English.Many people think I'm a new immigrant in Israel, though I've been living here for 20 years. I just don't work on my native pronunciation. Maybe I should.

Were you a part of the post-USSR wave of immigrants or was it just coincidental?

v/w ?

@ Runk - you have a nice accent [no homo]

@ Krampus - Bitch :mad: . Okay the first one was the closest. It's pronounced uhn-uhn-th. Not bad you got the 'would you like to buy an elephant' right :lol:

I don't know if my accent is to be taken as a normal Swedish accent in any way. I think you can hear that I'm aiming for an American accent (but I fail miserably obviously).

I am partly Native American, which I think reflects in my voice. I speak with a deep monotone voice. I am from upstate New York and I don't notice any accents related to this area.

I don't know if my accent is to be taken as a normal Swedish accent in any way. I think you can hear that I'm aiming for an American accent (but I fail miserably obviously).

yeah with all due respect I didn't realize you were trying to sound American. that's okay though!

+1 on the Ohioans I have met talking like they are from much further south. I am from NC but only ever met one person who could tell I where I was from. I usually get told I have some sort of barely distinguishable southern-tinged generic tone. I think the give-away is when the "y'all" comes out.

Yup, it was especially prominent with your pronounciation of fuckers.