Accents/voice

What does a Hull accent sound like? The primary British people I talk to are from North London, East London, Surrey and Devon.

it's a boring video, it's also wrong, Hull is THE least ethnically diverse city in England.

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS is a typical Czech English accent. Listen (and look?).

EDIT: Sorry it becomes kinda erotic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an Americanized accent, I wish I could speak with British accent tho haha, it sounds awesome. My grammar probably sucks cause I learned English from lyrics, movies, Internet and lately books. Never payed attention to it in school and I always forget the grammar rules.

As for my French, it sounds like... dunno.. not like a typical Arab-Speaking-French anyway and I'm happy with that hehe.

My accent is Midland with a generous portion of Inland North, from living in St. Louis the first 10 years of my life. Even now it does stand out a bit living in Indianapolis.

People keep asking me what foriegn country my "accent" is from

It's from learning to read before i learned how to talk

I had to actually go to speech therapy so that I would stop pronouncing the silent letters

And i had to learn the earliest version of "eye halve a spelling checker" to pronounce homophones

@Bloopy

the only language i actually speak is Standard American English
(and though i can understand people speaking British English and Ghetto Ebonics and Hill-Billy/Red-Neck English, i cant make my voice speak those languages)
i can read a little in several languages that aren't English at all but I'm not even going to try to talk in any of those languages
(i used to be able say the phrase " I ain't never been west of the Mississippi river" in a thick Georgia accent but i can't even do that anymore)

i learned how to read before i learned how to talk
i learned how to talk at the normal age but somehow learned to read even earlier than that
reading the words in the Spider-man comics that my mom was reading
(yes my mom was a superhero dork) and because my mom was also a TV addict
i figured out that the pictures were telling a story and that the words were part of the story
and thus, taught myself how to read before my vocal chords were even developed enough to talk
but because written American English has a shit-ton of silent letters and homophones
the fact that i could read written English before my vocal chords were developed enough to talk
it fucked up my speech
when i went to kindergarten i ended up having to go to speech-therapy
to learn how to stop pronouncing silent letters and properly pronounce homophones
(because i was reading psychology text-books in 3rd grade
i saw the name Nietzsche in print before I'd ever heard anyone say it out loud
and so in my head it seemed like Friedrich's last name should be 4 or 5 syllables instead of just the 2
and i similar problems with every freaking word that had silent letters)
and homophones were bad too
in my head the words being spelled differently meant that they should be pronounced differently
when i went to speech-therapy i had to learn the earliest of the homophone-filled-poems
the ones similar to "eye half a spelling checker it came with my pea sea"
i ended up learning the ones that were even older than spelling checkers
(but for some reason i can seem to find any of those on the internet)
one of them had the phrase "aye aye captain" spelled "eye eye cap ten"

despite the speech-therapy
the fact that i learned to read before i learned how to talk still affects the sound of how i talk
most people refer to this as an "accent"
when i go to places like the DFW International Airport or Union Station in Dallas or The Irving Mall or if i get too close to where JFK got shot
i still to this day will get people asking me "what country is your accent from" and in my head i'm just like "THIS country you dumb-ass"
although i try not to say that outloud
the people who have never been outside of Texas will recognize my accent as someone that's never been outside of the USA
but because i don't have the Texas-accent, they'll ask what state i'm from

Reactions: Bloopy
I rock a Trailer Park Boys-esque Canadian hillbilly "accent".

I can also do a wicked Southern or 'Strayan accent as well. Before I busted my ankle Id use these accents on customers at work.

Evidence of said Strayan accent pls
When im less fucked up on meds i may record something. I memoriezed a work ad that pkays on the intercom at work and i use differebt accents when i recite it lol.

"WE BELIEVE IN A BALANCEF DIET AND A BALANCED LIFE. WORK WITH US AND EBJOY FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES AND FAMILY PERKS"