What made you happy today?

Slightly controversial, but as long as the ref approves it it's good, right? I don't know much about rugby, but I saw the summary of that match on dutch tv :)

WMMHT: Got a pretty nice spot on a local festival with my band. Doors at 20:15 and we hit the main stage at 22:30, when everyone's had time to come in and get their drunk on :p

WMMHT: happy for a friend of mine who apparently got pronounced as one of the best newcomer models at the New York Fashion Week by New York Magazine, pics here. At the same time a bit sad for her, cos she's lost even more weight, and she already was a bag of bones, imo :p

Making some major piano technique progress. This Bach sinfonia is pushing my abilities... that's a good thing! Made some extraordinary progress within the last week that I think will certainly ease the learning curve of a lot more music. Two-handed 16th triplet arpeggios in B minor = *cries*

WMMHT: Gonna see Devin Townsend live :) Though what almost made me happier is that I'm gonna be seeing Aeon Zen live. Weird? Perhaps :p Just check out their stuff and if you still disagree with me, I dare you to take up the discussion :)

Only time I've heard of Aeon Zen is recently when Dragonforce announced that Vadim would be touring with them. What are they like?

It's originally a one-man project, actually, with a lot of guest appearances. No idea what they're like live, but I can give you a better picture tomorrow. On album it's definitely a great band to check out if you're into the likes of circus maximus, pagan's mind, and that kind of melodic prog :)

Oh, awesome, I like both those bands. Will look into them!

WMMH: One of the guys in my theory class at school likes metal, and he just added me on Facebook... and it turns out he likes Power Quest! Looks like you have some more fans in the middle of nowhere, guys! :lol:

Man! Devin Townsend was amazing! I have never seen more facial expressions in a 2 hour show ;)

Aeon Zen performed great as support as well, but they don't really fit the style of music Devin puts out, as varied as it is. Reaction of the crowd wasn't that well, but that was prolly cos it was a bit of a mismatch between support and main act. I definitely enjoyed myself and them :)

And how was the show Dom?

Best €30 I've ever spent. Thaurorod were and are thoroughly under-appreciated but had unmatchable energy. Mercenery were, well not my cup of tea but the guitarist had a fair amount of shred in him. Psychotic Waltz were flawless, show-stealing and historic - I loved that decades have gone by but they're seamlessly as good as ever. Symphony X made the night for me, Allen and Romeo were on top form, playing the songs I wanted to hear (new songs epic though would have liked more off Damnation and Divine Wings). Finally, Nevermore were very entertaining though I only found a handful of theirs stood out.

Glad you enjoyed the Dev Cello, I'm thinking of seeing the man himself in Aschaffenburg.

And I'm glad you had fun at the Power of Metal, Dom :)

Devin is definitely worth seeing. The man is the definition of what a wacky frontman should be like :) As a buddy of mine said: We just got schooled by the Alpha Nerd :)

Power of Metal for me on friday and sunday! Weeeeeeee!

Spring break! No school, which means a full week's pay starting tomorrow, which mean's a much nicer paycheck :D

Finishing a statistics assignment that's due on monday, and never having to look at a graph again!! :)

WMMHT: Done with classes for the day, coming home to pick up my ticket for Power of Metal in Amsterdam and finding my pre-order of Blood Alliance on the doormat (wrapped in the Kultur page of the Kurier Am Sontag :p ) :D :D :D :D This is a very happy day indeed :D