What made you happy today?

Congratulations to you and Rebecca, Dom! Very lovely couple... Love the gift, also ;)

Edit: Had a lovely day with a couple of friends, am currently staying in Warwickshire at their flat. Purchased some cool stuff today, and now got some booze and gonna have a game night. Here till Tuesday so still got more excitement to come!

Six years... Major congratulations Dom! That's a swell gift too - I got that for my girlfriend for her birthday last year!

Some of you may recall that I said in the 'Latest CD you bought' thread that I recently pre-ordered Opeth's 'Heritage' album after "forgetting" to pre-order it sooner. Turns out I had already pre-ordered a more limited edition version of the album some time ago! I would explain how this happened but it's boring, it isn't quite just me being a complete idiot but it's not far off!

Anyhoo, whilst I will be sending the "lesser" one back for a refund, the original one I ordered has come with a most pleasant surprise, the cover of the book that comes with it "The Making of Heritage" is signed by all the band members!

Thanks peeps!

It was a pretty good day overall. Onslaught, Gama Bomb and SSS were especially good.

Chatting to the members of Onslaught and with a couple of members of Gama Bomb again was pretty ace too.

Sy Keeler from Onslaught more or less told me that they'll be re-recording some 'In Search of Sanity' songs with the current line-up.

On Friday I bought a membership to a 24/7 gym in town. Finally! It's been too long since I last worked out. Making a playlist for the treadmill and finally weightlifting for the first time in a couple years was fantastic. Been twice since, going for a 3-day-per-week routine for now, maybe revise it by the end of the year.

How's the set for Blind Guardian look over in Europe these days? Only ever seen them once, on their last US tour, and they played a lot more older material than I expected. Not complaining, I think their old stuff is their best stuff, but I'm curious to see if they play more recent stuff in Europe due to the demand for them over there.

WMMH: Finally getting a book of Chopin's nocturnes to practice, and discovering (momentarily) my favorite of them all:

Last edited by a moderator: