What made you happy today?

Watched my brother playing Alley Cat by Seventh Wonder on his ESP Horizon 3. He managed to transcribe it from scratch and then reproduce it perfectly, note for note including all the solos and fills. That's no mean feat! :headbang:

About to vote for the next US president... Then I have a relatively easy day of classes, followed by watching the London Philharmonic Orchestra play for the first time ever in a nearby city! So excited for that. I can use the theater as a bunker for all the election coverage that night, so when I come home hopefully it's all over :lol:

I voted Obama. Ideally I would have voted for Jill Stein of the green party, but 1) she's anti-nuclear which I feel is a big mistake, 2) she wouldn't actually be able to enact most of her ideas if she were magically elected president, and 3) given the way our parties work in the US, I pretty much *have* to vote for Obama in order to fight Romney.

We'll see... early early polls coming in now, an hour or two and we'll be in the thick of it!

The London Philharmonic Orchestra put on an INCREDIBLE performance!

And Barack Obama won the election by a landslide!!

Obama winning another term. Just SO worried that the first genuinely, horrifyingly stupid politician was actually going to be backed by Americans all the way to presidency when the incumbent had done so much to better the nation. SO happy common sense has prevailed and America hasn't screwed themselves and the world over :D :headbang: :kickass: Great job guys!

Very happy that Obama's back in! I was a little nervous when I went to bed last night, I admit, but it seems he got quite a good majority.

Also, Nightwish were absolutely incredible on Sunday. Floor Jansen wiped the floor with Annette IMO.

Also I now have somewhere to live next year!

All in all, a pretty decent few days. :kickass:

Happy that Obama destroyed the opposition.
Also very happy that Colorado and Washington have legalised cannabis. A massive step in the right direction.

I voted Obama. Ideally I would have voted for Jill Stein of the green party, but 1) she's anti-nuclear which I feel is a big mistake, 2) she wouldn't actually be able to enact most of her ideas if she were magically elected president, and 3) given the way our parties work in the US, I pretty much *have* to vote for Obama in order to fight Romney.

We'll see... early early polls coming in now, an hour or two and we'll be in the thick of it!

Yeah, we have a similar situation over here in the UK when we have our general elections. You pretty have to vote for either Labour or Conversatives because any other vote is practically a waste.

I always vote Labour. I simply see them as the lesser of two evils.

Overall, happy for Americans everywhere that Obama won the Election.

It's not all roses. In fact, I'd say we have an even deeper divide between the country now with Obama beating out Romney because the fury from Romney supporters and the GOP as a whole is through the roof. I hope the GOP withers away or at least revamps its social policies big time, because Romney's loss is a sign that things need to change if they want to survive. I can hope...

I wish both parties would wither away. I didn't support Gary Johnson, but his vote was strong this time around which brings the hope that we are waking up. Whether it's gonna be the Obama admin's fault OR NOT, America is going to get worse and worse simply because of the murky water that is our government. So much secrecy, but we have to move on.

Good rehearsal weekend just past with the boys......tasty looking set lined up for December with a couple of suprises :)

Can't wait Steve! :kickass:

WMMH: Sabaton, Eluveitie & Wisdom all kicked ass last night in Sheffield! Wisdom were fantastic, I enjoyed Eluveitie a lot more than I anticipated and Sabaton reminded me of why they are one of the best Bands I've seen live. Quality sound, quality performance, quality everything!

Easily one of the best gigs I've been to this year.

Nickster - Sounds great, hope you're having a good time! :)

Sounds very interesting Steve! If the surprises go down well might we be seeing them on the next UK tour?

King - Sounds awesome. I do kinda regret not going to see Sabaton & Eluveitie when they were here, but my wallet couldn't take 2 gigs in a row and I already had Nightwish booked...

I bought a French Rhapsody - Legendary Tales poster on eBay for $10. :O I can't wait to get it! I'm also bidding on a Stratovarius - Infinite poster and I hope I don't get outbid at the last moment, I reeeeally want it.