What made you happy today?

I never get PM notifications. I once found one that was six months old and still unread!
Thats weird......I PMed some other guys as well and they didnt reply. Maybe they have the same notifications issue like you have. Try going to the settings and check the box that says something like "notify me of new private messages". Also, I have PMed you again now.

Bought a new high end hifi. Everything sounds so clear and almost 3d in a way. Been subjecting it to the new DT album and the new Avenged Sevenfold (Metallica's black album, shamelessly re-imagined). Also gave some old Daft Punk a spin.

Thought it ended wonderfully myself - couldn't get enough. What a great final shot for the series. Not ashamed to admit I got a little misty-eyed after Jesse's last conversation!

Not long got back from seeing the bands Medeia, Insomnium, Napalm Death and Children of Bodom at 02 Academy in Sheffield. Really enjoyable night. Really impressed by Insomnium, I almost forgot how good Napalm Death are live and COB are always decent.

Glad you enjoyed it man. Would love to see em all

Better yet, last night I saw Annihilator in Manchester. They are a band that I would recommend anyone to see should they get the chance. Absolutely incredible, I think it tops the time I saw them in Sheffield three years ago. The support band called The Generals were also very good.

Got my ticket signed by Jeff Waters, Dave Padden and Mike Harshaw from the band too which was great.

As things stand it will be the last gig I attend this year, due to my work situation being a bit 50-50 at the moment and with Christmas coming up etc. I'm glad it were a good 'en!

Will have to look into them since I hear you talk about them so much!

WMMHT: I got a job offer after months of applying. Feels nice :)

Congrats on the job offer!

Regarding Annihilator, if I had to pick three favourite bands it would be them, Power Quest and Judas Priest (in no particular order). Although they are primarily a Thrash Metal band, there is loads of variety among their discography and they tend to have a more melodic, catchy edge than a lot of Thrash bands do.

They've got slower songs, faster songs, the odd more hard rock influenced stuff, a song that might rival Ace of Spades for best gambling song ever ('21'), probably the best song about Chess ever ('Knight Jumps Queen') and you wouldn't believe a band called Annihilator could write such brilliant ballads too!

The first two albums are probably the most popular among the more die-hard Thrash fans, but I personally believe the best album to check out first would be either 'Set the World on Fire' or 'King of the Kill' (or both!). They both have a bit more variety to them and have many of their best songs from those albums.

Oh and Jeff Waters is such a good guitarist it's actually ridiculous. Quite a good singing voice too with character.

For the first time in ...I can't even remember...the label in the back of my (new Eden's Curse) shirt says "S". I've lost nearly 4 stone (25kg/55lbs). Still a way to go though but it's encouraging :)

Once again, that is awesome Dom!! Keep it up buddy. You got this!!

WMMH: I was recently diagnosed with a hernia and have to see a surgeon next Thursday. I also have to have another ultrasound on 'the fellas' in 6 months to make sure there isn't anything else growing down there. But I can still exercise, just not as intense as I have been lately. Thankfully I am in no pain and I should be fine. Here's hoping :)

78 is impressive in golf uhm! Well done!

Cheers mate, that's painful news about the hernia. Both my Dad and brother suffered from them but while it may suck for a while you'll be right as rain before long, no worries :)