What made you happy today?

Sonata were great as usual. Not really impressed by the two support acts but that's just personal taste. The highlight of the evening was actually being able to hear Elias for the first time (he's usually buried in the mix)!!

I was impressed by Neonfly - got myself a signed CD!
Pythia were very meh for me - they didn't seem at all enthusiastic and they seemed to be trying a bit too hard to be "epic" and it didn't really work.
Sonata were, as always, superb. Managed to get pretty close to the front (although some girl consistently lifting up a phone camera in front of my face got right on my nerves), and the performances were great!

Saxon were incredible last night in Nottingham! Even better than they were in Sheffield back in 2011. The setlist was fantastic, the new songs went down really well and the crowd were immense! The two support bands, Redline and The Quireboys, were great too.

Let's put it this way, when I first saw Saxon in Sheffield, I thought they were brilliant but at the same time, there's a reason Bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are bigger. But after last night, I'm convinced that when Saxon are at their best, they're right up there with them!

Edit: As I'm sure some of you have seen already, Andy Midgley has joined I Am I! Well chuffed for him!

The release party for Shadows Past's debut album @ Nalen in Stockholm was great. I banged my neck sore and had a blast (and maybe one too many beers too), and got myself a longsleeve. Didn't even know they were gonna do longsleeves, so that was great.

Urgh, football :(

Glad it made you happy though Mr Face, although I have no clue what you just said!

Haha, don't blame you to be fair!

I'm only just recently recovering from several months of being very disillusioned with Football. It's still the case really, I actually find if I just watch a match every now and then and it ends up being a good one I enjoy it more.

To get me out of my slump at the moment I'm joining my gf on a spontaneous 2 week holiday to Cape Verde off the West coast of Africa.

I don't travel or holiday much, really looking forward to this :')

Sorry to double-post, but I found the following particularly satisfying to read:

http://m.theatlantic.com/entertainm...-why-hes-right-to-charge-20-per-ticket/275192

It's basically about ticket pricing for big name artists and in particular, how refreshing it is to see tickets for a ZZ Top/Kid Rock Co-Headlining Tour being a very reasonable $20 each and Kid Rock providing his own opinion on ticket prices.

The article and Kid Rock himself make some very good points. I don't like Kid Rock at all but his attitude based on his comments in this article display a brilliant attitude that I wish more big name artists would adopt.

Enya made me happy today. Spring is the best season for new age, I think. <3

Saw Spock's Beard last night at Corporation in Sheffield and they were fantastic!

The main support band, Beardfish were enjoyable as well and the first band, Sound of Contact, turns out they are fronted by the son of Phil Collins. Explains the fact that he drummed on the five minute intro and the end, but sang for the majority of the set with another drummer taking over.