What music closest to the style of Emperor's Prometheus album can you think of?

Theory in Practice somewhat resembles later Emperor material. Excellent, fast, complex, technical black/death/thrash. Well, at least I think so.

Prometheus to me sounds like 2 albums, one classical the other black metal, being played over each other simultaneously. I don't know anything that could suck so much as that.

Originally posted by hibernal_dream
Prometheus to me sounds like 2 albums, one classical the other black metal, being played over each other simultaneously. I don't know anything that could suck so much as that.

Are you serious, or joking? I really hope you're joking...

Agreed with hibernal_dream.

Emperor suck, and always have.

Theory in practice are good, but their vocals suck just as much as the vox from Emperor... fucking terrible.

:rolleyes:

Emperor is just another Black-Metal band, their only individuality is the fact that they incorporate noise into the mix too.

You think that Emperor are technical? Then why don't you go and give Martyr's WARP ZONE album a spin? Or Atheist's UNQUESTIONABLE PRESENCE album a spin? These two bands are REAL musicians, extremely talented....!!

... Kush man, steer clear of this shit. Learn to apreciate real music...!!!

I think he's already into Emperor as far as I know. Klaha told me! I believe he's a friend of yours....;)

hell and damnation, who said Emperor sucks??????????? It was the best black metal band ever!! albums like In The Nightside Eclipse (for me one of the best albums ever), Anthems To The Welkins At Dusk or Prometheus are simply great! Prometheus is a masterpiece, maybe too complex/technical for some people...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL ON!!!

Peccatum (Strangling from Within particularly)

OBVIOUSLY!!

It is (I'm sure you know) Ihsahn's infamous new band. I'm quite lukewarm on it to be honest. I think Ihsahn can, and has, written some incredible BM. But it is not really technical. Technically I don't think that Ihsahn is a great guitarist. Good, but not great in the technical sense. Prometheus IS quite complex stylistically, but that's not the same as technicality.

Zyklon is exactly what has DISAPPEARED from the Emperor sound since the last album and what (arguably) it is lacking. I like prometheus, but Anthems is IMHO their peak.

I get the feeling that Ihsahn and Samoth are like Lennon and McCartney. Great together as songwriters, despite their differences, and not quite the same apart. That's why Emperor is the 'beatles' of BM. ;)

I don't think TIP is anything like Emperor at any point in their career. It's technical death!!!

Originally posted by veil the sky

Zyklon is exactly what has DISAPPEARED from the Emperor sound since the last album and what (arguably) it is lacking. I like prometheus, but Anthems is IMHO their peak.

A comment like that is what caused me to waste 20 dollars of my hard earned money on "Anthems...". Despite the fact that it sounds like it was recorded in a cave, i didn't get one bit of enjoyment from it, except for the chorus of "Thus spake zarathustra". Thankfully, i redeemed a few dollars at the 2nd hand records shop, feeling a bit guilty for leaving it available for another poor sucker like me to waste his money on.

And technical? It may be technical but that doesn't make it good.... i could randomly pluck strings and run my fingers across the fretboard and you'd probably say with a grin "now THAT's music! " :D :lol:

Prometheus is a masterpiece, maybe too complex/technical for some people...

I hope that wasn't aimed at me... For if it was, i am going to have to call you a twat.

Emperor is not technical at all. Complex in structure, maybe, but nowhere near at all technical.

Go and read my post again, and refer to the two bands i linked to, the come back and post a response that ISN'T stupid.

I don't think TIP is anything like Emperor at any point in their career. It's technical death!!!

Agreed.

Originally posted by hibernal_dream

i didn't get one bit of enjoyment from it, except for the chorus of "Thus spake zarathustra".

I think you mean 'Thus spake the Nightspirit'. You've confused the song title with one of Friedrich Nietzsche's text.

I think that some people might be surprised by 'Prometheus' if they haven't heard it. It actually is quite technical. Much more so than Anthems or Nightside.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom

Agreed. It really is quite shitty. :D

It doesn't come close to Anthems, IMHO.

:lol: :lol: Not excatly what I meant, but well done.

I actually found it quite easy to get into Prometheus. I think it took me a bit longer to get into Anthems actually. When it clicks these albums (for some people at least) are works of genius.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
But Prometheus isn't very accesible, for whatever reason, it takes effort to get to like...

Oh, I know the reason, and it's because it's crap...........

:lol: yourdeadgroom, who won't stop flogging a dead horse.... :lol:

I dunno. I listened to it for a month, and I could, at no time, sing you a single riff off it. And I could probably sing every riff from every part of Anthems (well, that would be if I could sing....)