What Opeth lyric says the most about you?

Strangelight said:
This is a forum isnt it? To discuss things and that? Not to tell people to fuck off or call them idiots for asking questions. Yer mans 'valid point' was Opeth related wasnt it? I am also baffled why people blindly defend things that they dont understand, and then get aggressive. It's madness like.

Okay, tell me why you're in the Opeth forum. Do you like Opeth - are you an Opeth fan? Or are you just here to defend your pal from the Anathema forum? I'm not blindly defending anything - I didn't mention the lyrics. I'm just pissed off with Allan coming in here to post insults about a band he hasn't even given a chance to and it's fans.
Oh forget it, post what you like you pair of clowns, don't expect a reasonable answer from people when your sole purpose is to irritate, put people down and try to act superior.

Reactions: KielbasaSausage
How do you figure I haven' given it a chance and how do you figure my soul pourpose is to irritate, put people down and act superior?

But let's stop this. Just stop saying things about me that isn't true, I can't ignore that.

i cant believe some people can relate to some of the lyrics i read here. most of them lyrics sounded like bon jovi with big words, talking about the girlfriend leaving you thingy but instead of saying them in a proper way like bon jovi does, just add moons, trees, mountains and rains, and there you go. at least bon jovi doesnt growl, so he sounds well more realistic.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Okay, tell me why you're in the Opeth forum. Do you like Opeth - are you an Opeth fan? Or are you just here to defend your pal from the Anathema forum? I'm not blindly defending anything - I didn't mention the lyrics. I'm just pissed off with Allan coming in here to post insults about a band he hasn't even given a chance to and it's fans.
Oh forget it, post what you like you pair of clowns, don't expect a reasonable answer from people when your sole purpose is to irritate, put people down and try to act superior.

Whoa! You dont expect a reasonable answer, eh? Your posts aren't very reasonable kid. Why are you calling me a clown for starters? Thats trying to put me down, right? These aggressive posts arent reasonable at all.

BTW, I like Opeths music.

I'm not being aggressive at all. I haven't actually said to you "fuck off" if you read my post again. I don't understand you at all - I've read your posts and you seem to be friendly and pretty intelligent yet you come to the Opeth forum simply to back up Allan who has only posted negative stuff here??? Why? What enjoyment does it give you?
Goodbye man. Think I'll start posting shit in the Anathema forum even though i dont know the band. Maybe you'd see how irritating it is.

All anyone needs to know about Allan's contribution to this thread is this quote:
This was a boring discussion anyways, but I guess you people think literature should say simple things in a complex manner, whereas I feel it's the other way arround.

We know what this means folks, all literary devices that do anything other than simplify things are out. Not only that, all attempts to explain or describe complex emotions like love and guilt and such should simplify as much as possible. Deep and thorough exploration of these emotions is now out.

Yeah, i'll drink to that! Sounds like a GREAT idea!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo.

I thought we were done with this. And now you've said the same dumb thing 3 times in a row, ignoring my explanations. Saying complex things in a simple manner is in no way the same as simplifying. Then you wouldn't be saying complex things anymore. Please check up on Takinthe...s posts and my replies(on all forums) and follow his example. I am so tired of people being pissed at me without listening to what I'm saying.

I repeat: Let's end this, it's heading nowhere.

Seeing topics, like this one forcing lesser persons ( or no persons at all or simply those without the ability to create for themselves ) to sort out one´s musical point of view, saddens me and takes away my desire to be nice to anyone.

Why does music have to say anything about YOU? YOU are not what things are about. We found out, 500 years ago, that the universe does not revolve around the earth. Unless you wrote the lyrics yourself or had someone write them for you, it says just about diddly-squat about who and what you are, except that you are without what you think you have.

Dont listen to things to find yourself. Find yourself without others. Anything else is a waste of time cause its been done before.

Evolution might be taking steps in some direction - but what if you have chosen the wrong one?

this is forgiveness, so i know
once i repeat i seal the lid
I slither for you, and I'm dying
I find trust in hate

And the entire orchid album. indeed

You can still edit your posts though...

"Credence In my word
Written in dust,Tainted by memories
I confess my hope,Recognize my loneliness"

Oddly enough,that's the only Opeth line I could find that somewhat says something about me. Their lyrics rule anyhow.

Did some digging and I guess this fits most of us

"Am I like them?
Those who mourn and turn away
Those who would give anything
To see you again
If only for another second"