What other music do you listen to?

katatonia are my favourite band at the moment but i also like lots of other stuff including:
at the gates
paradise lost
lacuna coil
carcass
meshuggah
cryptopsy
pantera
perfect circle
emperor
tool
coc

etc

well, smilie or no smilie-

i knew you werent being serious!

not to say that if you werent being serious it wouldnt be ok for you to like pop.....

but seriously,
this is getting confusing. :eek:

im going to talk about music now. i ordered this cd called "spiderland" by a band named slint...i liked their song from the kids soundtrack. well it came in and its like late 80's early 90's depressing alternative rock-its really good, i like the dudes vocals and the guitars.....blahblahblah. well will oldham took their pictures for the album, and somewhere along the line i think they worked with him....to me thats crazy! ive not heard any will oldham, so everyone was talking about him on this board because this cover song on the tonights music ep- and a cd i ordered a while back comes in and the dude took their pictures...a very synchronistic thing.

I could be here all day, but these are the main ones.

Anathema
Opeth
Nevermore
Paradise Lost
Sanctuary
Anthrax (my whole family are old school metalheads :rolleyes: )
Cradle of Filth
Various Hardcore bands
My Dying Bride
Morbid Angel

Like I said, I could be here all day...

I like these bands:

-Metal: Morbid Angel, Edge Of Sanity, Possessed, Manilla Road.

-Punk: Discharge, Dead Kennedy's, Amebix, Misfits.

-Hardcore: Black Flag, Minor Threat, Rorschach.

-Electronica: Autechre.

-Industrial: Throbbing Gristle, Godflesh (very Metal though), Apartment 26, Front 242.

-Gothic: Dead Can Dance, Deine Lakaien

-Other: Slowdive

I just mentioned the first ones that flew my mind. I like lots more.

besides katatonia, other bands i like a lot are black flag, minor threat, autopsy, entombed, morbid angel, thursday, black sabbath, mercyful fate, immolation, sarcofago.

i like a lot of genres:
early punk
hardcore
thrash metal
death metal
doom metal
black metal
grind
emo
some hip hop
some motown

apart from metal (some kind) ...

dead can dance, laguna coil, elvis costello, leonard cohen, camera obscure, astrid, officebuildning, bocelli, gathering, moby, sp, there are so many, i should have my cd collection next to me :D

godisanathiest, your signature is awesome, i just love the song, thoug i heard other version by britney (think) which suddenly was ... :(

Originally posted by manic
godisanathiest, your signature is awesome, i just love the song, thoug i heard other version by britney (think) which suddenly was ... :(

:eek: Now thats going to far. IMHO one of the most beautiful songs ever written and that mangey little bitch ruins it?

Its impossible to get any Reamon over here (in England) Their albums have only been released in Germany, Poland and Checkoslovacia (sp?) :mad: I really can't get hold of them and i want them so much! :mad: :mad:

Do you have them? You;d be surprised, you're the first person I have ever met that has heard of them....

i have this vision i saw their single once but i didnt bought it cause i surprisingly havent got any money and next time it wasnt there. dont know am i being paranoid or what :D
well i havent even been looking for the cd cause i havent heard any other songs. but supergirl, oh it rocks. my boyfriend told im his supergirl and that was so beautiful (and now im being just strange ...) :D
whats the whole cd like? have you heard it? i really think its available here in finland, maybe you should try for example ebay or amazon
i have supergirl downloaded from kazaa (shame, shame) but im really going to buy the real one... yes im :rolleyes:

manic

I Love SLINT.....oh and by the way people are naming metal bands. My post were the bands that i like other than metal.
jay
wait a minute...:confused: ....nevermind my list was on another UM forum......oh well

Originally posted by manic
i have this vision i saw their single once but i didnt bought it cause i surprisingly havent got any money and next time it wasnt there. dont know am i being paranoid or what :D
well i havent even been looking for the cd cause i havent heard any other songs. but supergirl, oh it rocks. my boyfriend told im his supergirl and that was so beautiful (and now im being just strange ...) :D
whats the whole cd like? have you heard it? i really think its available here in finland, maybe you should try for example ebay or amazon
i have supergirl downloaded from kazaa (shame, shame) but im really going to buy the real one... yes im :rolleyes:

manic

I wanna get that cd on the wieght of supergirl.I can't get ne of their other songs either :mad: Strage,we're all strange here :loco: mwahahaha. Tried amazon, and it didn't have it :mad:

thoug i heard other version by britney (think) which suddenly was ...

are you talking about that pop song, its like 'im blahblah a super girl and i am here to save the world, but i wanna know whos gonna save me?"
if so, its krystal harris, not brittney spears.
:rolleyes: you all need to catch up on your pop!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA NOOOOOOO im just kidding. im actually sad i know something like that. this coorporate cd store employee is so very ashamed. :cry:

jay- your going crazy! :loco: too many metal forums! hahah. glad to hear you like slint! i ordered something, some sideproject their guitarist/vocalist did that is supposed to be even more depressing...i think either the ep or the band is callled something "marshmallows." im ecxited about it!
hey are you still skating? i used to skate to the kids soundtrack and the pixies all the time! i dont know why but thats the kind of stuff i like to skate too!

Asides fron Katatonia I listen to

Opeth (my faves)
Radiohead
In Flames
Jeff Buckley
Nofx
Elton John (seriously)
Queen
The Doves
The Who
Danny Elfman
Nuno Bettencourt
Buckethead
Porcupine Tree
Air
Travis
Coldplay
Enya
And lots of music from the videogame series Final Fantasy
Nobou utsemi or whatever his name is does it.
Also I really like that new single from Bush. I've hated all their songs up till this one.

Sometimes i am so amazingly lazy.....This thread is around for quite a long time and hadn't replied..hehe Mayeb because i have replied to such a question millions of times in my life....Yet it will be pleasant to talk a bit about my test in this forum :)

Basically I listen to metal stuff....and some stuff from the gothic field (I used to listen more in the past)...I love listening to music and experimenting with new stuff,bands etc...I am always curious about bands i haven't heard and i usually reject bands after having listened much to them (like what happened with dream theater) I am some kind of masochist i think... hoho
My favourites bands are Opeth,in the woods,Ulver,Arcturus,At the gates,Ved Buens Ende,Darkthrone,Edge of sanity,katatonia,Dark tranquillity,Hypocrisy,The crown,satyricon,Limbonic Art,Death,My dying bride,Skyclad,(old) Paradise Lost,Burzum,Madder Mortem.... etc...
Also i totally worship Lacrimosa,Diary of dreams and Monumentum!!!!!

Many of my favourite bands are no longer metal and some are R.I.P. .... but soooo is life ....I still can enjoy their oldest stuff and dream (and even their new-In the case of ulver and Burzum f.e.)

uhm..this will be quite a list...

Opeth
My Dying Bride
Dark Tranquillity
Darkthrone
Burzum
In the woods...
The Sins of Thy Beloved
Tristania
Therion
Nightwish
Darkwell