What r u Listening to?

Greylevel---Hypostatic Union
Leap Day---Skylge Liar
Mars Hollow---World in front of Me
Sun Caged---The Lotus effeck
Sky Architect----A Dying Manys Embrace
Daedalus---- Motherlode
Metamorphosis---- Then All was Silent

( Making up for lost time) from Friday.....

Bob, What's you take on the mix on the Mars Hollow release? I really didn't like it, especially the drums.:guh:

Bob, What's you take on the mix on the Mars Hollow release? I really didn't like it, especially the drums.:guh:

I thought their First cd was a little Better, But The New one is pretty dam good too....
Jerry Beller is Still the Drummer,, More Guitar work & Bass........:kickass:

The tunes are fine but I like the first Mars Hollow better. I didn't care for Billy Sherwood's production at all. The Hammond organ sounded digital and thin. Kerry emailed me and told me it was an honest to God Hammond B-3. The hype this guy who has milked the Yes teat for all its worth is quite amazing. Nothing he's ever done musically or production wise has ever stood out and yet the Yes fanboys go nuts for him. Its beyond my understanding.

Love 'em! Hey Leyth, more Ty Tabor here :D It was The Jelly Jam plus Derek Sherinian on keyboards, they did two albums. The first one 'When Pus Comes to Shove' is more rockin' and upbeat IMO but outta print, not hard to find though. The second, 'Ice Cycles', is on sale here at Casa de Laser's Edge as another $5 marvel:
http://www.lasercd.com/Products/Platypus---02-----Ice-Cycles__IOMACD2011.aspx
It's kinda dark and moody, especially lyrically (I think Tabor was going through his divorce at the time) but a very good album.
OK I'm done preaching now :D

Hi DP... Have and enjoy both of those. Thanx though.

The tunes are fine but I like the first Mars Hollow better. I didn't care for Billy Sherwood's production at all. The Hammond organ sounded digital and thin. Kerry emailed me and told me it was an honest to God Hammond B-3. The hype this guy who has milked the Yes teat for all its worth is quite amazing. Nothing he's ever done musically or production wise has ever stood out and yet the Yes fanboys go nuts for him. Its beyond my understanding.

Totally agree. Never cared for anything he was involved in. :puke:

The hype this guy who has milked the Yes teat for all its worth is quite amazing. Nothing he's ever done musically or production wise has ever stood out and yet the Yes fanboys go nuts for him. Its beyond my understanding.

I agree Ken & speaking of the yesfans, let me tell you they are in a group all by themselves. I love Yes but these people worship them like they are Gods!
ANYONE who has anything to do with Yes , they "pray" to!:yow: :loco:

JOURNEY "Eclipse" UK version

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION "2"

COMMUNIC "Payment For Existence"

HELL "Human Remains"

THE TREATMENT "This Might Hurt"

On ipod at work today:

1. The Who - Quadrophenia (nothing like "The Real Me" to help clear one's head after 3 back-to-back meetings :))

2. Devin Townsend - Synchestra

3. The Flower Kings - Tour Kaputt (Live)

:kickass: