What was the current Opeth album when you first heard them?

What was the current Opeth album when you first heard them?

• Orchid

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • MAYH

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Still Life

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • BWP

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters
Between Orchid + Morningrise.
Morningrise had either just come out or was just about to be released and this guy from IRC had a copy of it. But.. it was Orchid that was my first. :) It was all done by tape as the cds were impossible to get back then. So my first tape was all of Orchid and 2 songs from Morningrise. I still have it.. it's a prized possession for nostalgic reasons.... that that (literally)
blew my mind.
I've never recovered.........:p

its weird, my friend had heard blackwater park being played a blockbuster by his house, got blackwater park and then burned it for me. two weeks after that i ordered all five opeth cds.

i didn't hear of a lot of good bands til this year when i finally got a fucking computer in my house. seriously, though, how else are you supposed to find out about dark tranquility, atheist, empyrium, agollach, maudlin of the well, and countless other bands that we listen to? only through the internet really, and i pretty much am a newbie to computers as well. but in the six monthes i've had a computer in my house i've nearly tripled my cd collection and have downloaded hundreds of mp3's. i've turned this computer into a music machine.

Originally posted by Trapped
Just after morningrise...

Man, My Bro lives in Brisbane and picked up Opeth just after Morningrise was released.

If I didn't know any better.......:err: :confused:

Originally posted by Useful Idiot

Too bad that's completely irrelevant and does not answer the question at hand!

I ain't sure, but I think her answer was 'Orchid'.....