What was your first Opeth album?

What is the first Opeth album you bought?

• Orchid

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Still Life

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 49 45.8%

• Total voters
bought morningrise, mayh, still life and bwp at the same time... i had downloaded bwp and thought it excellent, and then read some old reviews at scream.no of the others, and ordered them from cdon.com, this summer.

picked up orchid just a few weeks ago.

I actually got Still Life and Blackwater Park at the same time, but listened to Still Life first, so my vote goes to Still Life.

I had already downloaded several Opeth tracks after a recommendation.

When I finally listened to the whole of Still Life, I was simply blown away. Until today it has always been my fav album.

Blackwater Park was the first Opeth album i bought and heard. i didn't hear a single moment of their music when i bought it. back in January (day after my b-day, actually), i just heard they were really good, and i saw BWP used, so i bought it w/o listening to it. and here i am ;)

well... quite complex for me...
The first Opeth song I heard was "April Ethereal" : it completely stroke me, and I still consider it's their greatest song...
My brother bought "My arms your hearse" some weeks after its release, and I find it really boring... (I probably didn't listen to it enough time)...
A couple (or more...) of year after, I retry to listen to their stuff, donloading some songs from Still Life and BWP. I really loved them, so I bought "Still Life" , which is technically the first I bought by myself. Since then, Opeth is one of my most favorite band (as almost everybody on this board ;p)... and I think "My Arms... " is close to their best ^^

After finally getting a cable modem I went browsing through amazon.com checking out user reviews of metal bands that I might get into. Opeth sounded cool, so I downloaded a bit of Morningrise. I listened to it a little bit and it was good, but at first I didn't get into it. A few months later I tried giving them another chance.... I downloaded "The Leper Affinity" and listened to it twice in a row.... and I was sold. The next day I ran out and got Blackwater Park, and I loved it. So that was basically my first Opeth album. It was their only album I needed for a while. In time I got them all and I love them all just about equally. Blackwater Park the best though.

After finally getting a cable modem I went browsing through amazon.com checking out user reviews of metal bands that I might get into. Opeth sounded cool, so I downloaded a bit of Morningrise. I listened to it a little bit and it was good, but at first I didn't get into it. A few months later I tried giving them another chance.... I downloaded "The Leper Affinity" and listened to it twice in a row.... and I was sold. The next day I ran out and got Blackwater Park, and I loved it. So that was basically my first Opeth album. It was their only album I needed for a while. In time I got them all and I love them all just about equally. Blackwater Park the best though.

I heard Opeth on a Century's compilation ("Firestarter") so I bought Morningrise, then Orchid, MAYH, Still Life, BWP and now Deliverance.

My first Opeth CD was Morningrise. A friend of mine had been a fan of them for a long time already and was all the time babbling about how great this Opeth is. Then one day I did a discover in the record store, found Morningrise and bought it. I had no idea what kind of music it was. When I came home, I put it on the CD-player and waited....I have to admit but I didn't like what I heard :s it was something very different what I was used to hearing....but I listened to it again and again and after a while I loved that CD, and I still do, it's my favorite right after Still Life.