Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Damnation

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
still life...my first cd...perfect transition cd i think, i've gotten like 4 of my friends into opeth, startedem all out with still life

Still Life was the first I bought after I heard Serenity Painted Death and really, really loved the album. I think its still one of the best albums ever made and is a good entrance into their work.

Once I started listening to early stuff, I liked that more, though.

BWP was my first. I still get chills whenever I hear Bleak and The Drapery Falls. In a matter of a year, I got every single Opeth release. Still not sure why Still Life is everyone's favorite. I like it, but it's not close to being my favorite. I think MAYH or Deliverance holds that title. Oh well, to each his own.

BWP when it came out, was hooked when I first heard The Leper Affinity. I was just ckecking out new metal bands in the local record store. Bands that were to play on this big metal festival in the Netherlands. I liked the sound of the name Opeth and wanted to hear it.

Bought every album in a matter of months after that. Favorite band forever I think.