What was your first Opeth album?

What is the first Opeth album you bought?

• Orchid

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Still Life

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 49 45.8%

• Total voters
That'd be Morningrise here.....

Ethereal Sage (My Brother) picked it up at a local quality record store, after concluding that good albums had good quality artwork... and I'm glad he did!

I actually heard of Opeth first on a radio show, Im pretty sure it was Godheads Lament, at that time I had no idea what the song was called. Then I started looking around for their stuff, and I found Still Life. Told my mate about a fab new band Ive heard of called Opeth, he went out and bought SL, I then nicked it off him and started listening to it heavily. I went to my local and saw BWP, bought that, then found out they had earlier releases. I got my own copy of SL, then MAYH, then M, then finally just about a month ago got the original copy of Orchid.

\m/

I discovered Opeth through a copy of LotFP I picked up in a Cleveland record store during a trip. It was right before "Still Life" was to be released, and the article raved about the band's first three albums. I was reading the articles in the airport, waiting for a plane, and I wished I'd had the discs to listen to then because the reviewer was absolutely RAVING about how great this band was. So the next day I went to the store and picked up "Morningrise" to check them out, as it was the only album available at that particular store. After a few days listening to Morningrise, I went out and obsessively bought Orchid and MAYH, and ordered Still Life from CDNow (it took me 2 months to get the album, as it was still only an import then!) Bought BWP the day it came out, and you better believe I'll be first in line at my record store to purchase "Deliverance" when it's released in Nov. In my opinion, a perfect band. :D

I kept hearing good stuff about Opeth from various amounts of people, so one day (outta boredom) I decided to download all of Blackwater park off of an ftp. Ended up loving the album(especially "Patterns in the Ivy"). Although I'll admit that I haven't bought an Opeth cd as of yet. I've been going the "broke-ass college student path" where you burn massive amounts of shit onto CD-Rs...heh.

I first heard Nectar on a comp, then When on another comp. I bought Orchid, Morningrise and MAYH over the course of a week, but I got Orchid first.