Benighted Joe

Opethian
Oct 21, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Just thought the other day: what if I met Mike! What if I bumped
into him outside the GuitarPeople store in Stockholm? Now he's one
of my greatest heroes! What the hell would I say to him face to face?
"Ehh... hehe... WILL U MARRY ME, MIKE?!"
No but I don't want that. All that psychopathic stuff and/or overwhelming
commendations would just make him flinch, and treat me like a
mental patient :D

I just recently thought of something to say thanks to my father
actually, because it was he who said it to me first:

He said, "People who doesn't like Opeth ain't very musical at all,"
And I agree totally! Perhaps I'd say that! :)

What would you say if you met him? Or, if you have met one of
the members, what did you say?

Please keep this thread clean from bad humour, ill-manners, low-life
remarks and harassment. For once, try to keep it serious, ok?

i'd say hi mike im a big fan and i appreciate your music immensely. i dont know the guy so it'd be hard to have a real conversation with him

all_sins_undone said:
i'd say hi mike im a big fan and i appreciate your music immensely. i dont know the guy so it'd be hard to have a real conversation with him

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. We don't know him so what to say
accept throw him alot of credit?

Your suggestion is good. That's probably best, but would you get the attention? :)

well i wouldnt want to freak the guy out :erk:. a handshake/signature and a little convo with mike is all i'd want.

HaloPhenomenon said:
i would pull him into the store and sing and play benighted or still day beneath the sun outloud

oh no, NFU will call me a fanboy now :(

LOL! Yeah... That's what you wanna do all right! :)

No, but, wouldn't it be fun to stab him in the foot while
performing A Funeral Portrait flawlessly with the growl,
and the beat changes and everything?

You don't know what to say do you now? :)

well ive already met him more than once. i even hung out in the fuckin bus. i dont remember what i said. i was just hanging out and chatting... though i think maybe i kissed his ass too much telling him how opeth is the greatest band in the world and shit.

If he'd ask me if I'm going to see the concert I'd say: 'No Mike, fuck off!' :lol:

but seriously, I'd keep it short and just tell him how much I appreciate Opeth's music, have a photo and shook his hand...

and never wash it againg :lol:

When I saw him behind the Wiltern, I just threw up the horns and said "What's up Mike!!!" He made kind of a :erk: face and waved.

Tybud said:
When I saw him behind the Wiltern, I just threw up the horns and said "What's up Mike!!!" He made kind of a :erk: face and waved.

Told you! He's not like that. I think I'd really appreciate you say something
nice, and really show your interest in the music rather than just
flashing the horns.

(Well I didn't told you, but you know what I mean :) )

What is this all about waiting 'til you bump into him? That's for loosers! (The guitar people store would probably not be your best bet anyway)
Where is all the stalking, or is that not cool anymore? (Why didn't anyone tell me?)

Lethal01 said:
What is this all about waiting 'til you bump into him? That's for loosers! (The guitar people store would probably not be your best bet anyway)
Where is all the stalking, or is that not cool anymore? (Why didn't anyone tell me?)

i disagree, before they played in Gothenburg they hanged out in their big blue buss that was parked infront of the musikstore "Mug" where they probably visited, where i sat awhile thinking "wonder if they are coming in, wich song should i play? hmmmmm..."

I mean, I already got his signature.. on this awesome retraining order! That and I got to meet his lawyer! She was like dreamy.. And I was like "ogm! Ur the OPETH lawyer! Can I tuch u?" And she was all like "wut?" Then it all went wrong, with the mace and the ballkicking.

What?