What would you say to Mike?

If I'd meet him in Stockholm, I would ask him where i could find a decent record store, because i couldn't find one when i visited that place this summer :(

I would ask him the day, hour and place when he got the idea of the main Opeth concept :

Let's do 10 minutes plus songs that go from Morbid Angel Death Metal to Nick Drake/ Camel mellow acoustic playing

and said to himself , I think this is gonna work !

I say the guy was visionnary !

I'd probably shake his hand ask, for his autograph, and while he's signing it I'd make small talk like "How's your wife... How's the little Melinda doing... How's the tour..." and such.

Then I'd say something like "Well, I've really gotta take a leak, so I'll see you on stage! Later man!".

Something like that.

Death_To_False_Metal said:
I would ask him the day, hour and place when he got the idea of the main Opeth concept :

Let's do 10 minutes plus songs that go from Morbid Angel Death Metal to Nick Drake/ Camel mellow acoustic playing

and said to himself , I think this is gonna work !

I say the guy was visionnary !

you think he came up with all that at once? :rolleyes:

Death_To_False_Metal said:
I dunno, the Opeth sound has of course changed over the years and albums but the basic formula was there already in Orchid.
completely false actually, couldnt be bothered to explain it to you

NineFeetUnderground said:
one of the best record stores anywhere is in stockholm pal.

Yeah but I didn't find it!! :cry:

Where and what is it??

i met mikael many times at concerts, and the last times is like 2 old friends meeting after a long period.
i'll meet the band @ wacken open air in some days, and there's many things i would like to ask... we'll see!

about music shops in stockholm:

stockholmshop1.jpg

stockholmshop2.jpg

stockholmshop3.jpg

stockholmshop4.jpg