What would you say to Mike?

metal_wrath said:
Please consult the rest of my comment. Douche

No.

Why should I? I'm only responding to the part that I quoted of you. Favourite songs to play and/or listen to; you can find the answers either in the FAQ and/or opeth.com in Mikaels profile.

When me and my mates met him after a gig in Manchester last year, we were talking to him about what music he was listening to and what metal bands he had checked out recently.

He said that he liked Mastodon and thought that they were one of the only good newer metal bands around - good taste.

He said when it came to his death metal needs at the time he was spinning Annihilation of the Wicked by the mighty Nile - another good choice.

I then thought it a good idea to ask him a lyrical question. I don't know if anyone else hears this but on Harlequin Forest there's the bit where it goes, "You are the laughing stock of the absinthe minded." I always heard it as "absent minded" and he was telling me that the mishearing was unintentional but then went on to explain why he used the word "absinthe". I never paid too much attention to what he was on about with that word choice, but he said that the reasoning was that artists back in the day used to go mental from addiction to the that shit and hearing him say that really develops the image in that song.

I remember I was quite stoned at the time we met him, cos we had to wait for like an hour and a half for him to come out after the show. The last thing I remember from out encounter was when I got him to sign Still Life. I basically told him it was a masterpiece and that I loved his lyrics to that album. Right before he got on the bus I told him that he was a massive inspiration, as vocalist and guitarist and that he has the best voice in metal, to which he replied, "Haha, you should hear David Coverdale!" I started laughing and told him, "There's no way Coverdale can growl like you, man!" Classic moment.

He was fucking cool as fuck, basically. Super chilled out - I gave him a couple of cigs cos he kept asking us for smokes lol - and he treated us all really well and let us take pics and shit. Peter was also there and was also his usual chilled out, polite self.

Great memories.

:headbang:

I met most of the members in Auckland, New Zealand after their concert here in April at a bar. I remember having no idea what to say and ended up saying just the usual boring shit like 'so how do you find New Zealand? blablabla...' I was in a state of unexpectedness so I just didn't know what else to say at the time haha.

i met opeth... first of all i scream like a litle girl :]
i told them that im a big fan...and about my band...
realy nice people!!! :]

Lethal01 said:
What is this all about waiting 'til you bump into him? That's for loosers! (The guitar people store would probably not be your best bet anyway)
Where is all the stalking, or is that not cool anymore? (Why didn't anyone tell me?)

You know he worked there before... He actually wrote his first songs
for Orchid in that very store. The owner still recalls Mike and they
still have e-mail contact from time to time.

I met Mike and the rest of the band in a bar in Melbourne after the gig a few months back. Was half expecting them as I got talking with Per and the drummer (new) Martin there the night before. I was not expecting to see Mike when I did though and almost ran into him, froze, I smiled, he smiled and I shook his hand and said exceptional set tonight then I bought Mike and the other members a round of my local premium beer and got speaking with Per and Peter for over an hour, talking about everything from what music inspires to life in general – they even got a groupie chick to buy my drinks while I was there, telling her I was the drummer from Nickelback - she was so excited too as she didnt have a clue who the fuck Opeth were!
What a great bunch of real people they are, sitting back with their better halves in a public bar, shootin' the shit like they are just ordinary people. I was in total disbelief they invited me back to sink coldies with them. After they had to leave I went outside still peaking, so excited, a tad pissed and I spewed in the gutter like a nervous little girl. :puke:

ive hung out with teh band...well Gene was teh drummer back tehn....it was awesome...they signed my Lamentation DVD all of 'em.....and my tix stub too...tehn we got to hang out with tehm...Mike was aweosme...i took pictures with everyone too...!!!..Peter was the one who stayed out the most adn cahtted with everoen of us...adn they all were so friendly....bass aplyer was really cool....he is actualyl shorter in person...hahahha........but yeah really fun tiems...then they went to teh local club.."head hunters"...adn got wasted....Mike was challenging ppl to fights I hear...hahaha.........but it waws aweosme........I told'em how much I enjoyed the music adn Mike was really appreciateive that so many ppl had come out to see them.....it was really cool...........one of teh best days of my life....!!!........this is before I met my wife.......so I guess the 3rd best day of my life...yup......good times...!!!...........PEAC EOUT

DSC03134.jpg

the rest http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/waz416/

^ if getting married was your 1st best day, and meeting the guys was your third, then what was your second ..????????? :heh: :OMG: :confused: :Smug: :loco: :rolleyes: :lol: :zombie: o_O :wave: :err: :eek: :confused:

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread.

I would explain that I was a big fan, then proceed to buy him (and any of the rest of the guys) as many drinks as my wallet would allow. Least I can do for 8 awesome albums, right?