What's the best band you 'discovered' in 2004?

For me, I got into Megadeth, after my mate lent me Peace Sells, and Pantera, afetr I bought Great Southern Trendkill on a gut-feeling

Wyvern said:
Bands that started anytime between 1969 and today, but just discovered (meaning got some albums)

Rival (courtesy of Sixxswine)
Wolf
Flotsam And Jetsam
Heathen
Abattoir
Well Of Souls
Onward
Muro
Warlock
Týr
Manigance
Malediction
High Power
Blaspheme
Killers
ADX
Force Of Evil
Warfare
Astral Doors
Warhead
Misery Inc.
Silver Seraph
Black Widow
The Coffinshakers
Black Steel
Trouble
Diamond Head
Exciter
Venom
Tren Loco
Lorihen
Midnight Sun

From those the prize have to go to: WOLF, my number one band of 2004 and the freshest stuff I have heard in years IMO.

How many of these did you get to know through us ? :D

JonnyD said:
Dont pay any attention to her! :loco:
I'll say, who let her out of the kitchen?! :loco:

*hugs signature*

Oh yeah, I forgot I got into Megadeth finally this year. Took four years of breaking down the walls by my mate :loco:

BlackGoat said:
How many of these did you get to know through us ? :D
Due honor to whow deserves it, I found most of these bands through TMG website:

Wolf (Black Goat and Angelwitch73)
Misery Inc. (Black Goat and Angelwitch73)
Týr (Black Goat and Angelwitch73)
Black Widow (Black Goat and Angelwitch73)
The Coffinshakers (Black Goat and Angelwitch73)
Manigance (Fangface)
Malediction (Fangface)
High Power (Fangface)
Killers (Fangface)
ADX (Fangface)
Blaspheme (Fangface)

And I must admit that many of them where mentioned to me before by BG and AW73, but I didn't paid attention to them until much later :cry:

Wyvern said:
And I must admit that many of them where mentioned to me before by BG and AW73, but I didn't paid attention to them until much later :cry:

You need to listen to the voice of Metal more often :D

BlackGoat said:
You need to listen to the voice of Metal more often :D
Don't go there, is not like you are the last Prophet or something :p

Virgin Steele and Deströyer 666. Without a doubt, the two best bands I've gotten into this year. Manticora is close behind. Oh, and while I had owned a Heathen album before, this is the year that (thanks to seeing them live four times) I became an outright fanboy. Amazing band.

Also awesome:
Sabbat
Toxic Holocaust
Dekapitator
Brainstorm
Wuthering Heights
Helstar
Coroner
Hypnosia
Gamma Ray
Sadus
Agent Steel
Exumer
Torture Squad

That's the major ones. Most of them, I got into through reviews or recommendations on www.metal-archives.com.

Pyrus said:
Oh, and while I had owned a Heathen album before, this is the year that (thanks to seeing them live four times) I became an outright fanboy. Amazing band.

Great band...everyone should discover them. And since they have their first 2 albums up for free download on their website, there's no reason not to.

Victim of Deception said:
Great band...everyone should discover them. And since they have their first 2 albums up for free download on their website, there's no reason not to.
Yeah I "discover" them this year too :D , I bought their debut and d/l their second album because the Japanese version is too expensive :ill:

Tad Morose !!! Someone sent me "Matters of the Dark" and I just sorta forgot about it and played it much later. I don't see how I was able to survive without them. That is the most awesome band I have discovered in the last five years.

Bryant