What's your all-time top 10 favorite albums?

Nomansvally said:
What's your all-time top 10 favorite albums?

1. King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King (1969)
2. Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (1972)
3. Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse (1998)
4. Enslaved - Below The Lights (2003)
5. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin (1968)

6. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality (1973)
7. Motörhead - Overkill (1979)
8. Camel - Mirage (1974)
9. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
10. Zbigniew Preisner - La Double vie de Véronique (1991)

Good luck! :saint:

My list is nearest to "Threadstarters" with one or two changes...

EG: Love's "Forever Changes," Camel's "Stationary Traveller." and Iron Butterfly's, "HEAVY."

:wave:

Id said:
here's my top 20 howevr
1. The Beatles - Revolver
2. Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink
3. Yes - Close To The Edge
4. Joni Mitchell - Court And Spark
5. Children of Bodom - Are u dead yet/
6. Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
7. Black Sabbath - Paranoid
8. Rush - 2112
9. Scott Walker - Scott 3
10. Marvin Gaye - Whats Goin On
11. King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King
12. Nick Drake - Bryter Layter
13. Morte Macabre - Symphonic Holocaust
14. The Moody Blues - In Search Of the Lost Chord
15. Linda Perhacs - Parallelograms
16. Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
17. Deep Purple - Burn
18. Flasket Brinner - Flasket
19. Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny
20. Elton John - Madman Across The Water

How did Children of bodom end up in there, you´re kidding right? :D

HaloPhenomenon said:
How did Children of bodom end up in there, you´re kidding right? :D

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was NFUs list with bodom stuck in there.

no i didn´t bother to look at the earlier lists

the human mind is scientifically weak for patterns and rules... it´s in everything, that´s why it´s a FACT for people on this forum that music isn´t subjektive. I will try not to sound narrow with this, but i cannot really understand where people get that the beatles albums are the best, either revolver or sgt. pepper, it´s like straight taken from a history bible of the new music... i can understand when my father loves the beatles albums, beach boys, bob dylan, stones and the who and other classics for nostalgic reasons...but if you´re going to seem like you know anything about music there´s not even a question of not having The Beatles as your favourite, it does´nt even matter wich album either revolver or sgt. pepper.... a beatles album has to be your favourite. and believe me, i know everything there is to know of the beatles history, i have played every song on revolver and sgt.pepper live several times since i was on a new music school (new=everything after beatles) to tell that i don´t see them as nearly the greatest artists ever... everything is based on reguilar chords and fairly okay melodies...if beatles would have been born around the 90´s they would have instantly been forgotten if even ever recognized... yes they were very experimentive and created what we call "new music"...but the elements of their music has evolved very very much by other artists since them... i realize that music is subjective, but there are too many examples of beatles being one of the most overrated bands ever, and there are too many examples of them being status of your musical history knowledge to have it as defence.... they may have been very creative and should get recognition for that fact...but calling them the best band ever is very exaggerated.

I cant name a better one. Their music is complex, but anyone can pick it out of a tin and listen to it. That in itself is genius. Just because the guitar parts arent nessacerily difficult to play does not mean the rest of the music is to fault exactly. The arrangements and the way the instruments are structured are pretty much imaculate and Perfect in everyway. There is no way they can be overated with that much thought and precision put into the way everything is set out.

HaloPhenomenon said:
the human mind is scientifically weak for patterns and rules... it´s in everything, that´s why it´s a FACT for people on this forum that music isn´t subjektive. I will try not to sound narrow with this, but i cannot really understand where people get that the beatles albums are the best, either revolver or sgt. pepper, it´s like straight taken from a history bible of the new music... i can understand when my father loves the beatles albums, beach boys, bob dylan, stones and the who and other classics for nostalgic reasons...but if you´re going to seem like you know anything about music there´s not even a question of not having The Beatles as your favourite, it does´nt even matter wich album either revolver or sgt. pepper.... a beatles album has to be your favourite. and believe me, i know everything there is to know of the beatles history, i have played every song on revolver and sgt.pepper live several times since i was on a new music school (new=everything after beatles) to tell that i don´t see them as nearly the greatest artists ever... everything is based on reguilar chords and fairly okay melodies...if beatles would have been born around the 90´s they would have instantly been forgotten if even ever recognized... yes they were very experimentive and created what we call "new music"...but the elements of their music has evolved very very much by other artists since them... i realize that music is subjective, but there are too many examples of beatles being one of the most overrated bands ever, and there are too many examples of them being status of your musical history knowledge to have it as defence.... they may have been very creative and should get recognition for that fact...but calling them the best band ever is very exaggerated.

i've said that (almost) exact same thing twice on this forum and ended up with everyone flaming me and telling me I was stupid on both occasions. Well, I agree with everything you said there for what its worth lol.

illidurit said:
:Smug:

believe me I've done a lot more searching and researching than most of your group of musical dopplegangers (I already had like 4 of your nfu mtp uploads before you posted or ever mentioned them, not to mention countless other examples), gimme some credit

actually shadows, my intent wasnt to strip you of any credit. i know you have good taste, and i was pointing out the similarities that would inevitably be there...but not because you dont have your own brain. chill boy :cool:

it seems like somekind of ridiculous hierarchy thing, when people with a certain kind of "right" taste get their answers respected... these guys have no own taste or own opinnions, the answers are so truly fucking predictable....like a copy paste right from a music history revies vote with a few own fill-ins... and if someone gets offended by this, it´s just because you feel guilty.

all my choices are copied and pasted from music history? if that was the case, id HAVE bob dylan, or chuck berry, or elvis, or the rolling stones or madonna or diana ross or whatever else on my list. c'mon, dont be sour just because you can only name 10 albums all of which are metal. just get educated, then the problem is solved. theres a reason why so many staple albums are so widely recognized as amazing...its because theyre amazing. i cant help it if your brain is shaped differently.

Hang on hang on.... You mean some of the older members agreeing with people because they think the beatles obliterate Agalloch...Agalloch are ok. But by no means special. The beatles are. Thats not actually an Opinion, it is a fact.

HaloPhenomenon said:
it seems like somekind of ridiculous hierarchy thing, when people with a certain kind of "right" taste get their answers respected... these guys have no own taste or own opinnions, the answers are so truly fucking predictable....like a copy paste right from a music history revies vote with a few own fill-ins... and if someone gets offended by this, it´s just because you feel guilty.

^ Interesting observation m8, I have thought this many times, for my part feeling lazy today, incidently, Led Zeppelin One has always been my favourite Zep album...

I have a very large record collection, in storage due to an enforced downsizing, that list of 100 albums on the other prog rock thread, I have 70% of them. :D

affinityband said:
Hang on hang on.... You mean some of the older members agreeing with people because they think the beatles obliterate Agalloch...Agalloch are ok. But by no means special. The beatles are. Thats not actually an Opinion, it is a fact.

call it what you want :p... as i said mankind is obsessed with somekind of patterns or rules...