What's your current "I can't stop playing these songs" list?

Wolves in the Throne Room - Face in a Night Time Mirror, Pt 1

I can't get enough of this song, especially the female vocals. hauntingly beautiful

Awesome, awesome track. The whole album is breathtaking. My favorite Black Metal release of the year so far.

Back to the topic:
Black Tape for a Blue Girl - Given

the gathering - box, travel (live version on sleepy buildings)
a silver mt zion - lonely as the sound of lying..
isis - garden of light
king crimson - fallen angel
placebo - without you i'm nothing

^ Placebo is the anti-metal

No, Placebo is actually a very good band. 'Meds' is fucking excellent, demonstrating that they are still good. I'm pretty sure there are more anti-metal things out there too.

On topic:
The Gathering Feat. Trickster - 'A Life All Mine'
Sufjan Stevens - 'John Wayne Gacy, Jnr.'
Placebo - 'Space Monkey'
Fiona Apple - 'Never is A Promise'

I would say it's definately among my top Placebo songs. Bloody brilliant record, anyhoo. Fantastic atmosphere, as you say.

I think the whole album is absolutely killer, barring 'Because I Want You', which is merely good.

So what is the new Placebo like? Sleeping With Ghosts was really nice. But Black Market Music was hit and miss (especially Spite & Malice which is just embarassing).

this is the best track placebo has ever made out of many. it has a dark, chilling atmosphere and a killer chorus. it's the best track on meds at its worst.

Space Monkey is the best? It's very good... but i think 20 years, In The Cold Light of Morning and Plasticine are their best. 20 years live is amazing, they had the whole crowd in tears. But Meds is an excellent album, imo their best right after Sleeping With Ghosts

chet baker - look for the silver lining
placebo - infra-red
wolfsheim - blind
my chemical romance - sleep
zao - angel without wings
robbie williams - man for all seasons
katatonia - saw you drown
depeche mode - get the balance right