Where are you from?

"North Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Metal here is almost nonexistent if you're under 19 (legal drinking age). I've got a few months."

Yous should try over here in Calgary (Canada) man its like the worst place for metal!

Raine Lionheart said:
Metal here is almost nonexistent if you're under 19 (legal drinking age). I've got a few months.

:err: What in the world has legal drinking age got to do with existence of metal in your city?!

I'm from Split, Croatia (a small European country)
It's the second largest city in Croatia and has some 250000 people living in it.
That's understandable when you consider that the whole Croatia has population of mere 4.5 million. :D
Here's a pic, for those who'd like to know what it looks like:
http://www.kbsplit.hr/hpps-2003/slike/split-p.gif

SickBoy said:
:err: What in the world has legal drinking age got to do with existence of metal in your city?!

The only places here that hold live metal shows are bars, and for that matter, only two bars. That's downtown. I'm in North Vancouver, where a metalhead is rarer than freedom in the USofA (kidding peeps). I can't get into bars, and it's a pain in the ass to have to drive down to Seattle to see a band play. Therefore, I have no place to meet local metallers.

We do have CD places that sell metal, thank the Spirits, and a place or two with merch (no Evergrey shirts though :cry: ), so it isn't all bad.

Raine Lionheart said:
The only places here that hold live metal shows are bars, and for that matter, only two bars. I can't get into bars, and it's a pain in the ass to have to drive down to Seattle to see a band play. Therefore, I have no place to meet local metallers.

Oh, so you're not only forbidden to drink alcohol, but attending bars as well?
That's a whole another thing... Here (at least formally) it's forbidden to sell alcohol to the underaged (but everyone does it), but underaged can enter any bar, discotheque or whatever if they like.

Too bad for you.... :(

SickBoy said:
Oh, so you're not only forbidden to drink alcohol, but attending bars as well?
That's a whole another thing... Here (at least formally) it's forbidden to sell alcohol to the underaged (but everyone does it), but underaged can enter any bar, discotheque or whatever if they like.

Too bad for you.... :(

It's like there I guess, only minors aren't allowed in bars or pubs.

Boahhhhh, so much different countries, but too much usa :) I am from Tübingen, Germany. A big Cheerz to al other Evergrey Fans.

Australian Metaller, that`s pretty cool! :D I've heard that you have a little Metal scene, but a very fine one. Greetz to Melbourne!

Hi,
I´m from Germany too. A little village called Oedheim which lies in the south of germany ...

i´m a little surprised because i didn´t know that everegrey has such a big fan community in so many diffrent countries.

@sickboy
this may i was in croatia for holiday. i stayed in Vranjica near trogir and it was really nice there! I visited Krka and Split. a really beautyful land where you living!!!

(sorry if my english is bad...)

greetings from germany to all evergreyfans out there!!!