Where is the best place for Opeth listening?

Idon't know about that, when i drove 4 hours up there to see Amon Amarth and COB, they fucked up Amon Amarth's sound. It took them 2 fucking songs, to turn the guitars up. The 7 foot stage pisses me off too...

this summer i decided to go for a walk in the great vast woods at the back of my house and i put blackwater park in my freestyle..magical experience walking in the sunset with just nature around with the tones of dirge for novembers caressing my eardrums(did i get too poetic there?)

My favorite place to listen to Opeth is driving alone in my car, especially the end of Deliverance, and Baying of the Hounds (All of Ghost Reveries, really. GREAT album). So if you're sitting at home and it starts raining, grab your Opeth and jump in the car for a cruise, you'll get some good thinking done.

On the bus to college. Or walking round college. It's cool watching everybody laughing and smiling whilst you have Master's Apprentices blasting out your ipod.

well, i fall asleep with opeth playing... preference song is ghost of perdition,
u feel like flying in the clouds !

I would think that the best place would be to listen for example the beatiful beginning of Serenity Painted Death outdoor somewhere when the sun rises, that would be awesome

Best place would be anywhere quiete, outside, in the season of winter.

Btw listening to Opeth at partys isn't wierd as long as it's with other people who can enjoy the music.

I was in Paris for a few days in January of '06; business trip (for Disney, oddly enough) with 2 days to do some sightseeing. I spent a dreary morning wandering around Montmartre Cemeterie, taking pictures and exploring the quiet avenues and corridors of tombs, sepulchres and statues. No one else was around save for the gravediggers and a few other visitors. Opeth supplied the soundtrack (courtesy of my iPod), with To Bid You Farewell, Hope Leaves and To Rid the Disease on repeat. It was a very peaceful and memorable few hours.

I also visited the Catacombs that afternoon, walking through the ossuaries for about an hour. I was basically alone - the other tourists were either a corridor ahead or behind, so it was just me, Burzum's Tomhet on repeat and millions of skulls and bones. Also very memorable.

(Funny thing is, I'm not a moody gloomy person, but I like to find music that fits the mood when I'm sightseeing/travelling, you know? Instrumental Air/Zero 7 tracks are great for aquariums, btw)

I was in Paris for a few days in January of '06; business trip (for Disney, oddly enough) with 2 days to do some sightseeing. I spent a dreary morning wandering around Montmartre Cemeterie, taking pictures and exploring the quiet avenues and corridors of tombs, sepulchres and statues. No one else was around save for the gravediggers and a few other visitors. Opeth supplied the soundtrack (courtesy of my iPod), with To Bid You Farewell, Hope Leaves and To Rid the Disease on repeat. It was a very peaceful and memorable few hours.

I also visited the Catacombs that afternoon, walking through the ossuaries for about an hour. I was basically alone - the other tourists were either a corridor ahead or behind, so it was just me, Burzum's Tomhet on repeat and millions of skulls and bones. Also very memorable.

(Funny thing is, I'm not a moody gloomy person, but I like to find music that fits the mood when I'm sightseeing/travelling, you know? Instrumental Air/Zero 7 tracks are great for aquariums, btw)

It certainly seems like a good choice C=

GR and SL in particular is great for listening to in the fall, early in the morning, on the bus to wherever, while it's still very dark outside, and you're sleeping, waking up to different parts of the music. That's how I got to know it anyways. I'd always be awakened by the "Lined Up verses of dead skin" part of The Baying Of The Hounds. Also the start of Beneath The Mire.

I find listening to music while asleep is a great way to take it in, because you're in a special state of consciousness. Particularly on the bus, because the bus'll make a turn that makes you wake up, and you're really confused and like "Where in fuck am I now?" and then you hear the music.. I can't really explain it very well.