Where is the death metal in 2004?

the new VADER is killer ... it has been in my car stereo since its release
the pollack Slayer :D

En Vind Av Sorg said:
The new Deicide was great in my opinion; their best since "Once Upon the Cross" IMO.
That ain't saying much when you think of the albums that have come since Once Upon the Cross. Naa, Scars of the Crucifix is ok, but for me, I think some of the death metal releases for 2004, thus far have been:

The Chasm- The Spell of Retribution
Incantation- Decimate Christendom
Cannibal Corpse- the Wretched Spawn
Suffocation- Souls To Deny
Unleashed- Sworn Allegiance
Demonoid- Riders Of The Apocalypse

Just a few...

Decadent said:
I havent heard the full length yet, but from what I've been told, it's fucking incredible. More people need to check this band out.
It's not to be missed. This is a serious top 10 contender

Looks like I'm downloading the new Vader album :oops: I feel so cheap...

Well, if I get y new job and see it in the shops, hopefully I will have enjoyed it and will be obliged to buy it -_-

One Inch Man said:
The Chasm, Arghoshit, Arsis, blah blah I get all those confused because it's just melodeth. I have a few of the CD-Rs that I will give a serious listen before year end, but first impressions of those didn't entice me. At all.

...:guh:.

Yeah, the new Chasm has potential to wipe the floor with everything else.

Originally Posted by One Inch Man
The Chasm, Arghoshit, Arsis, blah blah I get all those confused because it's just melodeth. I have a few of the CD-Rs that I will give a serious listen before year end, but first impressions of those didn't entice me. At all.

PeeefuckinSHAW!

The Chasm ain't melodeath!

Speaking of The Chasm, I think I'm finally gonna break down and get Serpens Aeon. Yes, I thought you wanted to know that.

So, yeah, THe SPell of Retribution is the best death metal album of the year.