Where's our shameless "I want a date" thread?

Like, as in, ProgPower Dating Service?

Single White Headbanger ISO Heavy Metal Vixen from the Detroit area. Loves screaming banshee vocals and arpeggios galore. Looking for someone with stage presence and strong neck for thrashing at concerts. Fire-spitting and stage lighting experience a plus.

How's that? :D

I think it would be a bitchin idea that all the single folks coming to the show could find one spot in Atlanta at a certain time and be able to mingle and cast a fishing line or two. I dunno... anybody else got ideas for this?

I think it would be a bitchin idea that all the single folks coming to the show could find one spot in Atlanta at a certain time and be able to mingle and cast a fishing line or two. I dunno... anybody else got ideas for this?
Ummm... You do realilize there would be like 4 chicks there... and like 25+ dudes.

Actually from having attended PP3 I was quite surprised at 1. How many women were there 2. How many were actually more into it than most guys (ie. knew all the Blind Guardian/ Angra/ Edguy/ Gamma Ray songs!!) 3. How absolutely stunning some of them were!! It's a welcome site instead of the stinky, sweaty, guys. Stinky, sweaty women are cool! LOL

ProgPower is pretty unusual for the number of women that turn up - women that are there for the show, and not because their SOs dragged them along. I remember the days when there might be 10 women for every 100 men, and six of them had glazed expressions in their eyes.

I'm not going for the sake of looking, though. If something happens, great, but I have all kinds of friends to love on all weekend, so I won't be lonely in the least. :)

Bryan316 said:
Like, as in, ProgPower Dating Service?

Single White Headbanger ISO Heavy Metal Vixen from the Detroit area. Loves screaming banshee vocals and arpeggios galore. Looking for someone with stage presence and strong neck for thrashing at concerts. Fire-spitting and stage lighting experience a plus.

How's that? :D

that was beatiful man... :cry:

I'm always up for a gathering, worst that could happen is you make a new friend and said friend buys you a beer and vice-versa. Count me in.

As one of the "few single females" that attend i would say hell ya, considering the fact the the guys want the girls and the guys have to compeate for them cause the of the large number gap. I mean really i am morelikey to find someone personality wise to click with cause the choice would be so great.

The_Q said:
Actually from having attended PP3 I was quite surprised at 1. How many women were there 2. How many were actually more into it than most guys (ie. knew all the Blind Guardian/ Angra/ Edguy/ Gamma Ray songs!!) 3. How absolutely stunning some of them were!! It's a welcome site instead of the stinky, sweaty, guys. Stinky, sweaty women are cool! LOL
My wife was the one that made the observations that PP4 seemed to have a proportionately larger amount of women than the previous years, and we assumed it had to do with Nightwish...certainly there was a larger, younger, more nubile group in attendance (heh, heh)...

Seriously, though...women who rock are the best of the best...had quite a few girl friends who tolerated my obsession through the years, and a few who jumped on the metal bandwagon (in their own half-assed completely ignorant way) because of their immersion into metal via me...but when I met a real rocker...I married her (I married her for other reasons too, but this ain't the Dr. Phill hour)...

Still...sadly...women at metal shows got guts, conviction, and, evidently, a true love for the music...or they're just there to get laid. Either way...god bless 'em!

Rock on!

From a single guy's point it would be nice to meet someone with the same music interests for a change. Nothing used to pound my nerves more than getting into a car and hearing.. country. ARG! :yuk:

I don't want to sound too fickle but the girls that have listened to some form of metal semed to have lasted longer than the ones who didn't.

My friends and I are arriving in Atlanta Wednesday before the show. So if there's goign to be a gathering, I'm even available that night. WE met a group of cool people last year and we exchanged cell#s before gettign to Atlanta through email and that seemed to be the best way to track everyone down.

here's some contact info for me
justjohn1113@hotmail.com (hooked up to MSN messenger)
justjohn@ttops.net

My real name is John obviously and "justjohn" is an old high school nickname that stuck with me forever.

This sounds like a great idea. There are so many cool people in one place and if you are shy like me, you just do not meet anyone new. I love to meet new people and the people I have met at PP in the past have become great friends indeed. I think single or married, we should all take the chance to meet new people. I would like to meet other females in the metal scene as I have few female friends and always welcome a new one. As far as the number of women, it is small and maybe some are there for other reasons besides being into metal, but there are some there that ARE really into it and that is cool. And I think it is great that some come to accompany their mate, I have attended some shows I was not really into for the same reason and so have my past boyfriends. Those getting in Wednesday should plan something...I live here so it is easy for me. James, are you out there? I know you and Kathy would be up for it.

Ok, I'll toss myself out there (lol)! Have I no shame? Quick answer - no (snort)

35, female, cute (short - only thing I'd ever change about myself). Gainfully employed for the last 18 years and a single mom to a 12 year old daughter.

Love prog-metal, very good with people (oh wait, this isn't adopt-a-pet).

Jaime's met me, Alicia's met me - so they can tell you I'm cute - only 4'11" so that eliminates me from any supermodel category (rotfl).

What happened to the single dad on here? Where's he?

OK now that someone started it....here I go....

1 Single male, 35, 6'1, 170 lbs seeks prog/power female for headbanging and socializing. MUST like CD shopping, talking endless drivel about seemingly boring topics as "this bass player rules, more than that dude" and so forth. I will be sitting here in my comfy chair waiting on responses!!! LOL e-mail me at powermtl9@yahoo.com if interested! Pic for Pic!

I'm already tall - and I want to be tallER, dammit. I was supposed to be 5'10 and I got stuck at 5'8.5" because I finished puberty too soon. I got cheated, dammit!

Just two more inches... that's not asking for much! (yes, I know that's what the guys all say too...)

Babs' partner in crime, here...I'm a long-time progmetal fan, first-time forum poster (be gentle with me!) I just couldn't resist this thread. I'd be up for some sort of "singles meeting" at the next ProgPower. Maybe in Earthlink's restaurant/bar between signing sessions?

Debbie

I had posted a thread a few months ago and will again very soon once I get some more details but I do have a Unofficial ProgPower 5 Meet scheduled for the night of the Pre-party. If you would like to be added to the e-mail list for that event just drop me a line at metalrag@yahoo.com Please note that you in no way are obligated to show up as this is meant to be a very care free and relaxing/ no pressure type meet.