Where's the Anathema board?

Dhatura said:
Another teacher on board, sink this ship ffs! :yell:

What are you gonna teach?

It's enough to become a teacher here as well, though you couldn't teach with a BA at a university.

It's the same here in France. A BA is enough to teach but not enough to teach in uni.
I'm not telling you the subject, you would laugh at me ...

Descendres said:
You need a Ph.D. to teach in an university :D. I'm another wannabe-metalhead-teacher :tickled: .

It's just getting worse and worse, omg :erk:

Why don't we post pictures of our universities? :D

In Hungary you can be a teaching assistant with an MA but you have to get your Ph.D. in 8 years, otherwise off you go.

Dhatura said:
Why don't we post pictures of our universities? :D

centre_recherche.gif

Université de Technologie de Compiègne. How ugly and cold !!

Maybe you should teach us a better english... Isn´t it cruel to see how many people in here aren´t able to use a correct grammar... (includes me...:lol:)

Frodnat said:
Maybe you should teach us a better english... Isn´t it cruel to see how many people in here aren´t able to use a correct grammar... (includes me...:lol:)

Oh, but I only point that out if someone using bad grammar points out how bad grammar others use :p

We just goot new buildings at the Faculty of Hamanities in Copenhagen, very funny. They had put the heaters in the lecturing halls all the way at the top (cause we all know heat drops) and the air supply channels were put right next to the ventilation for the bathrooms. All kinds of funny mistakes. I've had to climb through the window a couple of times because the teacher didn't know how to open the doors and we once sat through 30 minutes of a film with the lights going on and off every 15 seconds, no one knew how to disable that function (still beats me what the use is for that).

The old faculty was build a good 30 years ago and was initially meant as a temporary sollution for about 6-8 years, my dad studied when they moved thereto.

Okay! I'll put mine up. :)

Maryland Institute College of Art

Main Building - drawing-painting studios, lecture rooms, photography studios, interior design dept, administration, etc.
4299442.jpg

half of the lobby inside the main building
4299431.jpg

Station Building (can't see half of it, it goes down a steep hill at the edge of the grass there and so you are only seeing the top third.) All sculpture studios and a huge lecture room and the main gallery spaces are in here. The library, and a full huge foundry in the one end in the Rinehart Grad. School of Sculpture. Used to be an old train station and the tracks run along the back, and all freight trains go through now. At the edge of the south part of the building in the back on the tracks a tunnel for the trains starts there that goes underground for a couple of miles directly under downtown Baltimore and comes out near the harbour all the way downtown. We used to go play in the tunnel, build sculptures and installations in the alcoves of the tunnel a little ways in and a couple of times we walked it and came out the other end. Some students took living room chairs in to place in the wall alcoves just to go in and hang out in the dark and think as the trains when flying by feet away. Very fond memories.
4299447.jpg

Fox Building - all painting studios and the Hoffberger Graduate School of Painting (on the top floor). In the basement, wood working, ceramics and jewelry making studios.
4299429.jpg

The school store and behind and attached to it is the Dolphin Building, all printmaking/litho studios.
4299363.jpg

No dorms. We all lived scattered around the city.

Frodnat said:

IncludING me ;) :p

including me too, that's the ironical paradox :tickled: