Which album should I start with

Weapon X

Raised to be Lowered
Jul 25, 2002
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
OK so this is how it is. I've downloaded 3 songs (mp3, mpeg) and I really dig the instumental. Really talented musicians. Death vocals are also pretty good.

Monochromatic stains
The wonders at your feet
Hedon

With album should I start with? Damage Done?!?! I'm going downtown Oct. 8, so I would really like to make my decision before that.

Thank you, Can't wait to hear the responses!!!

Maybe you should buy Haven.. I guess you can get pretty good general view. I you buy Projector you´ll be confused by clean vocals and if you buy Skydancer you will be terrified by vocals (different singer).

Originally posted by NicktheClayman
Prrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooojector.

Nick
This isn't a very representative album for DT's "general" sound, it has a lot of elements only present on that album, so therefore not a good album to start with.

Start with Damage Done! It's a mixture of everything DT stands for!

Originally posted by rahvin
will the faq finally answer this, the most frequently asked question of all frequently asked questions? :rolleyes:

Dream on... :Smug:

-Villain (who dreams of the day when the DT-FAQ finally appears online)

either of the last two would be good to start with; I got Projector first and I didn't get into it for a long time. It's a brilliant album, but hard to get into, at least for me it was.

my first dt album was haven, mainly because thats all the cd store had at the time, so then i bought damage done, and now they never had anything else, always DD and HAVEN, they had skydancer\of chaos one day but i was low on money so i didnt get it and when i went back it was gone. oh well i really wanna try to get the gallery next or projector. actually whatvever cd they have at the time when i have $ ill buy it. lastnight i finally find in flames-lunar strain\subterranean. i really like Mikaels vocals on it, i think his version of Behind Space is much better than the one on colony. but that kinda side tracked it. actually heck even start with lunar strain, cus its kind of a DT album.

I'm an expert in finnish tai-chi, so trust me: the first album you SHOULD buy is "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son". After that, Kings of Metal will be a good option.

|ngenius (What?!)

I started with the Mind's I when it first came out and i loved In Flames Jester race and heard talk about Dark Tranquillity. I picked up the Mind's I even though i never heard one song off it and took a chance that it would be good. But it's better then good it's Great! I highly recommend it. Hedon is on it too! Then get them all! Good luck and hope you enjoy it and blast it loud!