which band made you get into metal?

Ozzy Osbourne(the ultimate sin) This artist is what got me into metal when I was like eight years old.

Bolt thrower(warmaster), Sepultura(beneath the remains), and Sadus(vision of misery) is what got me into death metal. I was like fifteen years old at the time of my first death metal experience, and I have been fucking addicted ever since!

three CD's, in this order (embarrassing, i know)

orgy - candyass
korn - issues
metallica - s&m

the CD that got me into neoclassical, however, was Identity 5 (CM comp.), because track 17 was opeth - when

I'm sure that my first metal thing was an OST from an Spanish film called "El dia de la Bestia" ("The Day of the Beast", Have you seen it?) with some Spanish bands and some others like Pantera and Ministry.

Later my first death metal act was Vile from Cannibal Corpse.

Devoooooooooooooooured, devoured by Vermin.

Buf, great song.

Originally posted by DoAsISayNotAsIDo
It's been done gazillion times before but i'll do it again: Metallica

Myself as well *sigh*, Ride the Lightning to be more specific, also Iron Maiden.

I could try and be cool and say some hardcore bands but in truth it started for me with nu-metal and poppy alternative music -

The main band to do it for me was, believe it or not - Everclear, Sparkle and Fade. Back then it was the 'hardest' music I had heard, and initially made me interested in other music. Nirvana too. That and Korn, I never bought any albums but I saw Blind on TV and thought: "oh my god!! thats so cool! man thats hardcore!!" foolish youth I was. Also Foo Fighters and, don't kill me for this - when I was seven I liked Michael Bolton, I quickly grew out of it but - THE SHAME!!! OH THE SHAME LIVES ON!! WHY???? WWWHHHYYYY?????!!!!

Originally posted by samoniac
Amorphis' Tales from the Thousand Lakes .

The same for me as far as growls are concerned. Great album that!
Before that I started with Metallica and Slayer.