Which bands are you going to see live?

Richard West

Threshold
Sep 18, 2002
Visit site
I'd be interested to know what other bands you're going to see live. I've got it good this year because we're playing with so many great bands already... Motorhead, Kamelot, It Bites and Communic to name just a few... There are some good perks to being in a band! So what about you?

Richard,
Threshold + Dream Theater = impossible dream?
Two different ways of progressive rock - in one show. Two great bands.

There are no other bands I want to see with you on one scene. You are better :)

Threshold + Kamelot
Dream Theater + Symphony X
Heaven & Hell + Lamb Of God + Iced Earth

All in the space of a few weeks!

Richard,
Threshold + Dream Theater = impossible dream?
Two different ways of progressive rock - in one show. Two great bands.

There are no other bands I want to see with you on one scene. You are better :)

Not an impossible dream... it's something we'd love to do but so would a lot of other bands.

I will so be there if there is a Threshold & Dream Theater gig :) I will be in a happy place the day that happens!

Although I've not planned on seeing anybody else in the near future other than the Kamelot gig - and that's because Threshold's opening - I would rather have Threshold headline a gig or co-headline a gig with any one of the following bands:

1. Vanden Plas
2. Poverty's No Crime
3. Tomorrow's Eve

Interestingly they are all German Prog Metal bands!

None of the bands mentioned are coming here! :( No-one ever comes here... Well, almost no-one I wanna see! Anyway, one does what one can.

July gigs:
- Orphaned Land - 6th (tomorrow)
- Steve Vai - 10th (last minute invitation from a friend)
- Samael - 14th

And Paradise Lost + Pain in September.

Not bad I suppose... shouldn't complain much but what about all the other bands I listen to, am dying to see playing live and never(!) dropped by?! :\

Oct 13th - Dream Theater & Symphony X (Wembley)
Nov 3rd - Threshold, Kyrb Grinder and 3 other bands (Rotherham)
Nov 9th - Dream Theater & Symphony X (Newport, Wales)
Nov 28th - Thin Lizzy & Queensryche (Cardiff, Wales)

Nov 14th - Heaven and Hell, Lamb of God, Iced Earth (Cardiff, haven't bought tickets yet)

I've already seen Trivium & Annihilator (Newport) and Megadeth (Bristol) this year. I may have seen other this year, but can't think of them right now.

Symphony X
Into Eternity/Redemption/Dream Theater
Epica
Edguy

Progpower USA...can't wait to see Threshold again as it's been quite a while since the last performance, and the new disc is killer

Nightwish

This is my upcoming concerts as of right now and to which i've bought tickets for.

August 3rd - Toto (Bodø)
August 9th - Circus Maximus (Hemnes)
August 16-18th - Metal Heart Festival (Notodden)
August 23rd - Metal Club Night (Bodø) Triosphere + Keep Of Kalessin++
September 29th - Dream Theater + Symphony X (Oslo)
November 9-10th - Progpower Scandinavia (Copenhagen)
May 3rd 2008 - Kamelot (Oslo)

Kamelot + Threshold + Serenity
DT + Sym X
and I did want to go and see Seventh Wonder at the Underworld...but sadly am in Munich at the time :mad:

The PPUK3 is looking better by the day.

VANDEN PLAS,
WOLVERINE
CIRCUS MAXIMUS,
ANDROMEDA,
THY MAJESTIE,
SERENITY,
POWER QUEST,
DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA

I'm gonna see Orphaned Land today!

Paradise Lost+Pain in September

Maybe Dimmu Borgir+Amon Amarth in October.

The are also talks of a new festival down south with a 2 bands i love: Silent Force and Adagio. Maybe i'll go if it really happens. Primal Fear, Destruction, and some other bands are on the bill as well.

Last week i saw Mastodon, Joe Satriani and Metallica, and last Tuesday i saw Bloc Party and Arcade Fire.

And i'm not gonna start talking about the Fields of Rock festival i went to last month. :) Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Heaven & Hell, Black Label Society, Ozzy Osbourne, Dublin Death Patrol, etc etc.

I'm gonna see Orphaned Land today!

Paradise Lost+Pain in September

Maybe Dimmu Borgir+Amon Amarth in October.

The are also talks of a new festival down south with a 2 bands i love: Silent Force and Adagio. Maybe i'll go if it really happens. Primal Fear, Destruction, and some other bands are on the bill as well.

What festival down south?! Haven't heard about it at all! :OMG:

Gonna see Dimmu Borgir + Amon Amarth in October as well, forgot to mention.

Btw, do you know if there's an opening act for tonight's concert?

What festival down south?! Haven't heard about it at all! :OMG:

Gonna see Dimmu Borgir + Amon Amarth in October as well, forgot to mention.

Btw, do you know if there's an opening act for tonight's concert?
Oh, you're going too? Cool.

Two bands will play before OL: Thee Orakle (don't know them) and Thanathoschizo (saw them live once, and i liked them. A bit chaotic though...too much stuff going on at the same time, but they are cool).

As for that Festival, it will take place in September, 6 and 7, in Algarve. It's called Lagoa Burning Alive in Estombar (Parque de Feiras e Exposições de Estombar). Apparently there will be more days, but thoise two are strictly dedicated to metal:

Confirmed (?) bands:

The 6th

Moonlight Comedy (It)
Silent Force (Ale)
Destruction (Ale)

The 7th:

DGM (It)
Adagio (Fr)
Primal Fear (Ale)

Tickets:

One day - €15
Two days- €20

Further info and official site to be unveiled soon.

Now...will it take place or not? Who knows. Destruction and Adagio have those dates in their official sites.

Yep, going! :)

Hadn't heard about that festival and guess what?! I'm on vacations on those days! Finally some good news! So I just might make it there... :)

Thanks for clearing that up. I know Adagio, Silent Force and Primal Fear so it's worth it. :headbang:

Have a great time tonight! ;)

I hate you all, especially those of you who will be watching Andromeda, Adagio, Poverty's No crime .... I'm joking ! :)

Hm, let see:

this year was great for me because there were many concerts in Serbia (for the first time ever). I watched Evergrey, Kamelot, Iron Maiden ... also I traveled to Zagreb (Croatia) last month to see Dream Theater.

I plan to visit Threshold (Budapest, September 9), Helloween/Gamma Ray (Belgrade, November 17) ... and that is for now :)

I hate you all, especially those of you who will be watching Andromeda, Adagio, Poverty's No crime .... I'm joking ! :)

Hm, let see:

this year was great for me because there were many concerts in Serbia (for the first time ever). I watched Evergrey, Kamelot, Iron Maiden ... also I traveled to Zagreb (Croatia) last month to see Dream Theater.

I plan to visit Threshold (Budapest, September 9), Helloween/Gamma Ray (Belgrade, November 17) ... and that is for now :)

I'd gladly trade Adagio for Threshold... LOL