Which cd did you just buy?

Somebody will get a new cd soon. :)

And DT live in Gothenburg (22 february 1991), and finally got most of what i was missing by Theatre Of Tragedy and Entwine (and even a bit of The Sins Of Thy Beloved). And yes, i did pay for all of this.

I can't wait to buy these two... (soemeone care to lend me $20 so I can take them out? Puliiiiizzzz? :cry: ):

- Galadriel: Empty Mirrors

- Korpiklaani: Voice of Wilderness

Just one more week untul I can take them out :cry: :kickass: :headbang: :Smokin: :p :) .

(I love throwing smiley parties :lol: :loco: :headbang: ).

marduk1507 said:
One spin only, but yes, finally a good album since Butterfly Effect.

Can't beat the Antidote on the first spin - I'm still in love with that album, Memorial just didn't make it up for me. :kickass:

Antidote is ok, couple of great songs, but it doesnt really know what it wants to be. One song is here one there, no real connection between the songs (Im not talking about a concept). Wolfheart, Irreligious, Sin/Pecado and BE were totally great, after many listens I was able to really see the line and the message. Darkness and Antidote dont come anywhere close to the first 4. Memorial, however, does it really well - the songs are damn great, composition is excellent and the atmosphere of the whole album is almost material. It seems our tastes differ quite considerably. But that doesnt mean I dont love you, plinypoo! :)

marduk1507 said:
Antidote is ok, couple of great songs, but it doesnt really know what it wants to be. One song is here one there, no real connection between the songs (Im not talking about a concept). Wolfheart, Irreligious, Sin/Pecado and BE were totally great, after many listens I was able to really see the line and the message. Darkness and Antidote dont come anywhere close to the first 4. Memorial, however, does it really well - the songs are damn great, composition is excellent and the atmosphere of the whole album is almost material. It seems our tastes differ quite considerably. But that doesnt mean I dont love you, plinypoo! :)

Oh, you are too sweet :D

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Moonspell, and the Antidote was good from the beginning to it's end, just some really good music... didn't care much about other albums, but this one was a revelation.

Alma Mater rules as well - the first thong of them I heard.

Zack said:
Haha, that and it's a very good CD :)

Yes, it is a very good album and I continue to love their keyboard sound. Thumbs up! I hope they come back for another visit. :)

I'm still digesting 10,000 Days but my first impressions are thumbs up on this one as well. The artwork is great but the packaging is gimmicky and I'm still not liking no printed lyrics with the package. That sucks! I hadn't been by their Web site in quite a while until earlier today. I didn't find the lyrics there either, but it's possible I may have overlooked them somehow. :erk: I can decipher something about angels on the sidelines, or something like that, though, in Right in Two. Oh, and on my system CD player the title for Rosetta Stoned reads "Roseta Stoned". =)

Haven't given Pearl Jam enough listens yet but I didn't hate what I heard on first spin.

^ Rebecca, I've been playing the new Tool much since I got it on Tuesday, I think its great. Love that Rosetta Stoned. The packaging??? I've have two brothers and just found out today we all bought this CD.
Never noticed about the (sp) Roseta Stoned with the readouts of the songs. I know some of them are total nonsense like !u@#R$%Zb^&*+x)"$l; on and on or its just the word Tool and it does not move. Hope to catch these guy on a tour this summer, saw them a few years back on an OZZfest.

wildfyr said:
Y :)

I'm still digesting 10,000 Days but my first impressions are thumbs up on this one as well. The artwork is great but the packaging is gimmicky and I'm still not liking no printed lyrics with the package. That sucks! I hadn't been by their Web site in quite a while until earlier today. I didn't find the lyrics there either, but it's possible I may have overlooked them somehow. :

Tool never had printed lyrics in their booklets.
And they havent updated their site for 10.000days yet.

^ Solefald - I know and I'm still not liking it. They've gone the Zeppelin route and exclude printed lyrics with the recorded product, teh Bastids. :p

^^ Dave - Yeah, same here, along with some of their previous releases. I suspect I'll be in another Tool bubble for a while if history repeats.
Shows: The smaller venue gig they're doing here is already sold out. Ticket resellers are now charging astronomical prices. Fuck that.
Track list/order anomalies: I guess they like being kleverly kryptic, or whatever. Kute.
The new packaging: Ok, granted it is a cool idea and the final product came out great, however, I'm an old-fashioned geek with a preference for removable booklets containing the PRINTED lyrics - and regular jewel cases. But that's just me! ;) A stackable case is preferable because that's what happens during my listening hours. I play 'em and stack 'em...in several disorderly piles...all over the room. But these irregularly-shaped digicases? Pfffff. They cause stack havoc...unless they're on the top of one. Hmmm
The music: Has captured my attention. I wonder if we'll get Dropa Stoned in the future. =)

I've given the new Amorphis and Pearl Jam CDs more quality listening time as well. Eclipse truly IS a melodic and beautiful thing. It has all my favorite qualities of their past work, ie, the stuff that gives it that 'uniquely Amorphis' sound/structure, yet it still sounds fresh. No other band sounds like them that I've heard. They're truly one of a kind. The same can be said for Pearl Jam. I've always liked them but I've sort of been out of touch with their work since Vitalogy. Does that ever happen to you? Does your fandom ever wax and wane for some of the older groups? Sometimes they take long breaks (like Rush), or sometimes they reunite after breakups. Whatever the reason, I was just wondering if you've experienced this before.

I'm glad I bought all three of these discs. I'm not disappointed with what I've heard on any of them. They're all new aces in the stack. :kickass:

I recall someone asking me to give a review of the Sonata Arctica live cd/dvd combo.

Well I FINALLY got last week and can say it is worth every cent. Set list is pretty much identical to their first US tour they did. Sounds very polished and I suppose I could compare it to Tokyo Warhearts sound-wise. Best part is Tony telling the audience "Shut the Fuck up! I need to Sing in Silence":lol:

The dvd has about one or two songs they cut off the cd and a "Sonata goes to Japan" feature, which is entertaining.

^^Ya I know what you mean... I get tired of Led Zepellin (actually, I haven't listened to them for a year, but I will probably get back into them)

^Ya, I asked for the review :) I guess I have to buy it now :)

Thanks