Which cd did you just buy?

Hm, I thought so too at first, but now I dont. Its not that "crazy", more focused, yet still hard to get, if you know what I mean. Sun I Call is for example another step forward in their music making - an excellent mantra.

I dont know, that album is just a bit shitty to my taste. I dont know why I thought you didnt know their stuff, if you like that album, its ok of course. I fall asleep everytime I listen to Arntor, whereas with 1184 and Likferd Im riding the wave. :)

I bought these 2 about 2 weeks ago (hehe forgot to post):

Galadriel: Empty Mirrors of Oblivion

Korpiklaani: Voice of Wilderness

And I bought this fucking amazing cd today called..:

Orphaned Land: Mabool

Middle-Eastern Metal :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

Sarcofago - "INRI"
Destroyer 666 - "Phoenix Rising"
The Misfits - "Earth A.D."

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
Galadriel: Empty Mirrors of Oblivion

Hey, cool! Galadriel are from Slovakia. Be sure to get From Ashes and Dust and World Under World (the newer stuff) - great music!

Hehe, I cant believe youve discovered Orphaned Land so late. But better late than never! OL are excellent, I cant wait for their new album and their gig in August at Brutal Assault.

marduk1507 said:
Hey, cool! Galadriel are from Slovakia. Be sure to get From Ashes and Dust and World Under World (the newer stuff) - great music!

Hehe, I cant believe youve discovered Orphaned Land so late. But better late than never! OL are excellent, I cant wait for their new album and their gig in August at Brutal Assault.

Hehe be sure that I'll try to get those.

Well, you have to understand that were I live it's really hard to discover (not to get) some bands, sine I'd say 60-70% of Costa Ricans listen to mainstream metal (COB, Maiden, stuff like that).

There are few people that really know a lot of metal (me included :) :rolleyes: ), and well, i'd have to admit I've become a decent metalhead thanks to my beloved UM phorum.

You wouldn't believe the stuff everyone here listens to, right now it's bla blabla bla Dardonforce bla bla bla Dragonforce (well I've noticed that it's not only here, DF has become incredibly popular in the last 2 years).

Well, to wrap it up, you could ask every metal head here what's OL and only 8% would know.

To put you an example, not many people even know what Finntroll is. Or to be more clear, when DT came, only about 400 people went. When Dismember came it was, well, about 100.

Ahhh yes, I honestly think I've surpassed myself and most metalheads here, I don't mean to brag, but few people here know as much of metal as I do :headbang: :kickass: :rolleyes: .

Thankyou everyone, and thank you UM, since I've become a better/good metalhead thanx to you.

:cry: :headbang: :kickass: :p

To put you an example, not many people even know what Finntroll is. Or to be more clear, when DT came, only about 400 people went. When Dismember came it was, well, about 100.

that actually doesn't sound too far from what you could expect here in stockholm, in spite of it being the capital of a supposedly metal friendly country.

a friend of mine was at a marduk gig last night, and there was approximately 80 persons or so there. of course we're a bit more spoiled when it comes to gigs over here, but still. even though we do have quite a big metal scene here most people seem content with the, relatively speaking, mainstream bands.

Agalloch- The Mantle
Summoning- Oath Bound
Opeth- Black Water Park
Opeth- Ghost Reveries (I might've mentioned this one earlier)
Korpiklaani- Forget the name and Itunes won't open

Delirious said:
that actually doesn't sound too far from what you could expect here in stockholm, in spite of it being the capital of a supposedly metal friendly country.

a friend of mine was at a marduk gig last night, and there was approximately 80 persons or so there. of course we're a bit more spoiled when it comes to gigs over here, but still. even though we do have quite a big metal scene here most people seem content with the, relatively speaking, mainstream bands.

Wow, that's quite... uneXpect-ed- :p . Although I already knew that the konzerts were also small there, a 80 person gig for Marduk seems like a bit exagerated, and quite amazing IMO.

Marduk rulez.

I guess the gigs are pretty wild there...? Or am I wrong? (new song by DT :p )

Nt3N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood
And I bought this fucking amazing cd today called..:

Middle-Eastern Metal

superb album and extraordinary band! love it!

I totally agree with you, this album has become one of my top faves.

Orphaned Land :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang:

Wow, that's quite... uneXpect-ed- :p . Although I already knew that the konzerts were also small there, a 80 person gig for Marduk seems like a bit exagerated, and quite amazing IMO.

well, it surprised me as well, i'd have guessed at least a couple of hundred people or so. apparently there was no encore, simply because no one called for one... :rolleyes:

possibly some stayed home because of it being a sunday in the part of the month where many have spent their salaries already, but it's not the first time it happens. same thing with mörk gryning, and that was their final gig ever.

i've heard organizers complaining about the swedish audience being lazy when it comes to supporting smaller bands, which i think to some extent is true, but i sometimes get the feeling there's a quite common misunderstanding that the underground scenes are much bigger everywhere else...

I guess the gigs are pretty wild there...? Or am I wrong? (new song by DT :p )

i don't know, really. it seems many bands enjoy playing here, but as for the audience being wild i don't think we're anything in particular. especially not compared to for example japan where, judging from interwies, people are pretty crazy. i'm not the moshpit kind of guy, though...

Zack said:
Agalloch- The Mantle

now that's a wonderful album.

marduk1507 said:

:lol: