Which songs should not be played live in the future?

Which songs should be left out?

• I'm Going In

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Follow Me

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Suicide Machine

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Bitch

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Dancing With The Dead

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Walking On Glass

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • It's Only Them

• Just Hate Me

• End Of The Line

• Nailed To The Ground

• On Your Knees

• Crashed

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Same Old Song

• Eleanor Rigby

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Have A Drink on Me

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Bye / Die

• Greed

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Stay Away

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Monkey Business

• Total voters

ben_uez

Sep 22, 2009
Germany, NRW
So, here we go with the songs you would like to cross out of PAINs Setlist on their next tour.
As there are only 20 songs possible in the poll I left out Shut Your Mouth, On And On and Zombie Slam (as these are songs Pain will perform anyway from my point of view).

Please Choose only three songs in the Poll!

I've chosen: (haha, it's difficult to choose three songs out of this good setlist;-))
1) Crashed --> this song is good, but for me it's less special than the other ones and so I want it to be replaced by a newer one.
2) Suicide Machine
3) Just Hate Me

Instead I would like to see:
1) Live Fast / Die Young
2) Bottles Nest
3) Rope Around My Neck

EDIT: I forgot to put "Supersonic Bitch" in there as you played that one during some of the 2010 shows? (did you play that one in 2009? I cannot remember). Anyway, it wouldn't have fit in the poll!

Well..

1) Eleanor Rigby (I´ve never liked this song, not original nor PAINs cover)
2) Suicide Machine (song is ok, but live?.. I like it more on album)
3) On Your knees (it was hard to choose between On your Knees and Greed. You could drop both of them and play Choke on your lies instead of those two songs)

And as a woman I have to say Bitch. Too bad it is great live.. :D

I wanted to vote for Shut your Mouth. :(

But now I'll vote for these instead:

1) Follow Me - just doesn't do anything for me in a live setting that it doesn't do in the studio already. this is one of those songs that fit better in studio version.
2) Just Hate Me - there are better "slow songs" in the Pain discography.
3) Have A Drink on Me - To me, this song is kind of forgettable, so I wouldn't mind if it was replaced by something more memorable.

and since the original poster wrote what he'd rather see instead, I'll do that too, or rather, what songs I'd like you to keep/bring back.

1) On Your knees - this song is a 100% live song, the energy in the performance is just unmatched. Should be a given on every Pain show.
2) Crashed - another ferocious live song, only seen it live once but I'd love if it came back for the next show in Stockholm.
3) Don't Count Me Out - I don't know if this song has ever been played live, and it would be interesting to see/hear how it sounds in a live setting with the heavy intro and all that.

This is just great! I am eager to see how this poll looks like when more people have voted! I hope that as many as possible votes, as it's great feedback.

i also hope that many fans vote in this thread because it's also a chance for them. I'm afraid this forum is not well-known by all the Painheads. perhaps you could write something on your myspace or the pain website about this poll so that more fans come to visit this forum and to vote so that the result gets more representative?

I choose 2 of the songs...
1. follow me - comparing to the other songs, it's kinda boring
2. suicide machine - i never liked that song ;)

but i would really like to hear more often bye/die live. i first heard it live at the last tour. it's one of my very favourit songs.

I voted off
1) Just hate me (I neverliked this song very much)
2) Greed
hm... I thought, I would also have clicked on "Crashed" but it didn't count somehow...

Instead I would rather like:
1) "Don't Count Me Out"
2) "Tear It Up"
3) "A Good Day To Die" or "Bottle's Nest" (<- I can't really decide between these two)

I voted off
1) Just hate me (I neverliked this song very much)
2) Greed
hm... I thought, I would also have clicked on "Crashed" but it didn't count somehow...

Instead I would rather like:
1) "Don't Count Me Out"
2) "Tear It Up"
3) "A Good Day To Die" or "Bottle's Nest" (<- I can't really decide between these two)

You've got really good taste CKey :headbang: "Tear it up" was on the setlist 2004/2005. And I remember talking to Peter at least on a couple of occasions that I really would like to play "Don't Count Me Out" and "A Good Day To Die" live. "Bottle's Nest" is one of the best songs on POE. Those first lines of lyrics describes exactly how I feel every morning when I wake up in the PAIN bus on tour :zombie:

Woke up this morning
with my head in the dirt
Master of disaster has raped my soul again
I feel like shit and my body hurts
What did I do?
Can't remember a thing
Not a thing

Btw, Guess who's called "Master Of Disaster" on tour? :D

You've got really good taste CKey :headbang: "Tear it up" was on the setlist 2004/2005. And I remember talking to Peter at least on a couple of occasions that I really would like to play "Don't Count Me Out" and "A Good Day To Die" live. "Bottle's Nest" is one of the best songs on POE. Those first lines of lyrics describes exactly how I feel every morning when I wake up in the PAIN bus on tour :zombie:

Woke up this morning
with my head in the dirt
Master of disaster has raped my soul again
I feel like shit and my body hurts
What did I do?
Can't remember a thing
Not a thing

Btw, Guess who's called "Master Of Disaster" on tour? :D

thanks for the compliments :)
I would really like to see those of your songs performed on stage.
I'm looking forward to your upcoming CD and the correlative shows, hoping you come either to the W:O:A next year or to Cologne again so that I can see you ...and maybe get an autograph by you *hopefully*
after I had to leave you show before you finished it on 6th February last year in Cologne (Underground) to catch the last train because I lived too far away... (but now I live closer to Cologne so that I can stay longer^^)
:kickass: :headbang:

last years W:O:A I had only the booklet of the CP cd with me... next time I know it better and take another one with me ;)

*hehe* "Master Of Disaster", huh?
You didn't look messy or something like that at all, during that concert I saw you.

I can't await news of you

I voted "I Don't Care!"
it's about the only track in that list that I don't enjoy.

I also think you should play Bye/Die every time, my absolute favorite Pain song, and for songs that are not in that list and that I have never seen live:
-Bottles nest
-Just Think Again
-The Third Wave
-Delusions
-Nothing

i have shoose

greed
Eleanor Rigby
have a drink on me

It are all great songs >< so its a bid hard to shoose i like them all
And why eleanor rigby its a realy good song ^^ and love to lissen to it. but i like more the own work ^^

i realy want to hear crashed life duno its just a great song ^^
(at the end i like them al :p)

Hello Painheads, i hope as many of you as possible will help us which songs to remove from the setlist through this poll. We will meet in mid december to set the setlists for 2011 and we will print out this poll at that point to use as a guideline. You have the chance to influence the outcome now. Your input counts.

Thanks!

Argh, i wanna vote a few more times^^
I opened this poll and from my point of view the others would like to remove wrong songs:D
Too bad that only 21 persons voted up to now. There are so many Painheads out there, but only those few voted (although michael posted it on his myspace!)

Anyway, I am sure, you will choose good songs for the next tour!;-)

Noooo i'm late!! Please don't remove Have a drink on me! for me they are all beautyful, let's have a longer show! :loco:

Really tough choice, but I voted against:

Follow Me - Pop-song :)
Don't Care - a good song, but it is enough to drive
Nailed To The Ground - good song, but it can be sacrificed
On Your Knees - I like this song, but I would like to replace it with "Breathe" ))
Eleanor Rigby - among the cover songs I would like to replace it with DM's Behind the wheel )
Stay Away - good song, but it can be sacrificed

--------------------------------------------------
I have a dream to hear "she whipped" on the show :)

OK, let's see..
First of all, I'd like to say I would give everything to ever hear "Give It Up" live. This could kick any ass live. :worship:

I voted against:
1)Follow Me ( Firstly - too pop, secondly - it really sounds better on CD)

2)Suicide Machine. "The Rebirth" (as the first "Pain") is my favorite album, but it has much more drive and powerfull tracks. So I would like to hear "End Of The Line", "Supersonic Bitch" and "Parallel to ecstasy". To play "Parallel" may be is even better idea than to play "I'm Going In"

3) Stay Away. I just don't think it is good choice for live. Especially if you have to sacrifice such hits as Bye Die or Same old song (I hope you will not!). DWTD is full of good things!

And one more thing I'd like to say. In my opinion there are several things that can not be excluded under any circumstances. "Greed" is the best ending ever and the best encore. It should become a tradition. "On Your Knees" has its unique dark atmosphere, which has remained only in the early albums. That was the real pain! Don't forget the band's name. ;) If you decide to remove it, then at least replace it with "Breathe" or "Learn how to die" (which unfortunately was not performed live (or was?))

Waiting for the next feast of Pain in Moscow! :kickass: :headbang:

Oh, by the way - "Eleanor Rigby to replace with DM's Behind the wheel"
Hetki, really good idea! I was on DM gig this year. Behind the Wheel is immortal hit! It works live.