Which songs should not be played live in the future?

Which songs should be left out?

• I'm Going In

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Follow Me

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Suicide Machine

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Bitch

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Dancing With The Dead

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Walking On Glass

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • It's Only Them

• Just Hate Me

• End Of The Line

• Nailed To The Ground

• On Your Knees

• Crashed

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Same Old Song

• Eleanor Rigby

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Have A Drink on Me

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Bye / Die

• Greed

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Stay Away

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Monkey Business

• Total voters
First, i humbly request a show in the states played with a reasonable driving distance of North Carolina on the next US stint. ;)

As for what NOT to play....toughie. I say take out Eleanor Rigby first. I wasn't a fan of the original and rarely do covers of it do more than raise an eyebrow for me.

I love Pain....it's hard to point out tracks that I don't like, when I love the vast majority of them. Also, I haven't had the joy of being able to attend a live show yet. So any answers I give for this are based off of live recordings. :/

(though I do have the entire back catalog of CD's)

Honestly....as long as Walking on Glass is played, it's all good. I have an obsession with that song. :D

\,,/, ,\,,/

First of all, I'd like to say I would give everything to ever hear "Give It Up" live. This could kick any ass live.
So I would like to hear "End Of The Line", "Supersonic Bitch" and "Parallel to ecstasy".

Yeah, I also vote for it! "Parallel" and "Give It Up" are very dynamic&"blowing away the roof" :)

Forgot! I also would like to hear "Not afraid to die", "Bottle's Nest", "Delusions" and "Dark Fields of Pain" :) :headbang:

I vote also but I think that some songs just need a new arrangement to stay in setlist.Every song in this poll is pretty cool and it`s very hard to "kick off" somethingo_O

I would say definitely keep these songs, they are all great live:
Bye / Die
Monkey Business
On Your Knees
Crashed
Greed
Nailed To The Ground (like it was played in 2007 with the sort of drum solo at the end, didn't like the 2008 version as much)

Songs that I really enjoy but could go without:
Stay Away
Same Old Song
Eleanor Rigby
Have A Drink on Me
It's Only Them
Just Hate Me
End Of The Line
I'm Going In
Follow Me
Suicide Machine
Bitch
Dancing With The Dead

And songs I'm not all that in to:
Walking On Glass
Don't Care

Hope I will manage to catch at least one date this summer!

I'm having a really hard time deciding here! I really can't execute any of the songs! XD

But I know what songs I totally wouldn't like to be left out!

- Bitch (Because it's fucking great and live it's even better) Proud of being a chick when I hear that song ;D
- Bye/Die (A song made for being played live in my opinion)
- It's only them ( because it's one of my faves)
- Walking on Glass (Drives me crazy when being played live) XD
- Rope around my Neck (Loving the song) Or Don't let me down.... (Can't decide)
- Supersonic Bitch (Because it's great live!!)
- End of the Line (Because it's a good song) XD
- On and On (Brings up the mood)

Okay I think I have to stop now or I will end up writing down all of the song...

And Oh I don't have to mention Shout your mouth right? XD

And just like Theodor Abducted it would be nice to hear "Behind the Wheel" instead of "Eleanor Rigby" for a change. And just like Hetki it would be a blast hearing "She Whipped" on stage! ;D

Okay I really have to do the poll now! ><

Nailed To The Ground (like it was played in 2007 with the sort of drum solo at the end, didn't like the 2008 version as much)

Hey KrgFn! What are you trippin' on? Cough medicine and moonshine? I think you got it mixed up ;-) The only songs (so far) that has ended whit a kind of drum-freak-out-thing live is "It's Only Them" and "Shut Your Mouth". We DID have an alternative ending on "Nailed To The Ground" 2007 on the tour with Nightwish, and it was the same ending as the album version had. The guitar melody from the chorus played alone by it self with some cymbal sounds to it. But we needed to cut down in precious "live time" and thought that a more rough "live ending" suited the song better.

/D

I voted for:

I'm Going In : Maybe because I've heard too often in live ...:loco:

Suicide Machine : I find this sound strange with the others song ...

Just Hate Me : My explanation is in the title... I HATE this song ! haha

Crashed : As "suicide Machine" ...

Hey KrgFn! What are you trippin' on? Cough medicine and moonshine? I think you got it mixed up ;-) The only songs (so far) that has ended whit a kind of drum-freak-out-thing live is "It's Only Them" and "Shut Your Mouth". We DID have an alternative ending on "Nailed To The Ground" 2007 on the tour with Nightwish, and it was the same ending as the album version had. The guitar melody from the chorus played alone by it self with some cymbal sounds to it. But we needed to cut down in precious "live time" and thought that a more rough "live ending" suited the song better.

/D
I might have got mixed up because of an overdose of work actually... Not used to it!
Ok that would be it then, the guitar melody and the cymbal sounds (was a long time ago :heh:)
But I am definitely thinking about the ending of this song, and reading my reports I am sure you didn't do it on the tour where you were not there though, that would be the headlining tour in 2009 and I didn't find it as good ;)

I might have got mixed up because of an overdose of work actually... Not used to it!
Ok that would be it then, the guitar melody and the cymbal sounds (was a long time ago :heh:)
But I am definitely thinking about the ending of this song, and reading my reports I am sure you didn't do it on the tour where you were not there though, that would be the headlining tour in 2009 and I didn't find it as good ;)

As you said, I wasn't there and I have no idea what the guys were doing without me. MICHAEL!!!!!!

I was talking about the end of the song, can't find many videos of it but here is one:

The end of that video, looks like you did it at the end of the tour with nightwish ;)

I guess I saw it a few times on that tour and was surprised on the next tour when it had changed to a sudden stop, but as David said, time is precious!

Nailed to the ground was not done any different on the 2009 headline tour than at any other point. (we were doing what we do best on that tour as well David, hehe)

like... being drunk?

:kickass::kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for:
Monkey Business, Follow Me, Eleanor Rigby

I want to see on stage:
Bottle's Nest
Learn How to Die
Behind the wheel =)

Okay I'm probably too late but I voted anyway.
First of all: Bitch; being a woman this needs no explaining :mad:
Eleanor Rigby; I'm not a Beatles' fan
Stay Away; just not one of my favourites

I do really like Walking on Glass; this song gives me such energy!!! :hotjump:
Dark Fields of Pain is also one of my favourites, Peter's voice just runs shivers down my spine!!!
I just cannot rule out Just Hate Me because, although there are much better songs, this is the one that drew my attention the first time I saw Pain as guests to Nightwish in 2009 and I am totally hooked ever since. :worship: