White darkness in my hand........

may i also compliment Erik with his bass playing - very solid, some fills are quite nice. thumbs up!

favourite songs: Fields of Life, Wounded Soul, Belief (the chorus.... :worship: )

i think it's awesome that everyone likes different songs - it shows that the album is great all around

I agree. It's exactly how it should be :headbang:. I also have some favorite songs on the album and in the process of making it i have changed my mind about some of the songs from :erk: to :kickass:.

Really like yours and Dag's vocal parts a lot too, Erik.

Where's Tom at?! The drum sound is awesome from that theater you guys used!

Ooh yeah, the drums! I wasn't too happy with the drum sound on neither Invisible or Nightfall Overture but they slay on WD!

It's cool, I like it! This different than the old demo version of this song?

White Darkness rules 2007 btw!

Thanks.:)

The new songs don't blow my mind as the previous ones. I miss songs that kill me (like for example Deep Inside.., Scarred For Life, The Journey's End, Alone, Atlantis Rising, Invisible and many others).

Best Nightingale album so far as far as I'm concerned. Been listening heavily and I really think this is the strongest other than "Nightfall Overture." It's just so damn powerful and well produced and the song writing is amazing, and I feel like after all these years Dan has finally found his most proper vocal range and he just sounds so confident and amazing, and the choruses and Dag's vocals are fucking AMAZING, and the drum's sound fantastic (I just wish the high hat's were a little thicker sounding). The guitar tones are also EXCELLENT. It's really awesome to have song-writing contributions from all band members too! Everything just sounds wonderful, fantastic album, the wait was well worth it, ESPECIALLY THE WAIT FOR THE MIX, GO DAN, you are an excellent audio engineer!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations guys, be proud!!! You deserve it so much!!!

Best Nightingale album so far as far as I'm concerned. Been listening heavily and I really think this is the strongest other than "Nightfall Overture." It's just so damn powerful and well produced and the song writing is amazing, and I feel like after all these years Dan has finally found his most proper vocal range and he just sounds so confident and amazing, and the choruses and Dag's vocals are fucking AMAZING, and the drum's sound fantastic (I just wish the high hat's were a little thicker sounding). The guitar tones are also EXCELLENT. It's really awesome to have song-writing contributions from all band members too! Everything just sounds wonderful, fantastic album, the wait was well worth it, ESPECIALLY THE WAIT FOR THE MIX, GO DAN, you are an excellent audio engineer!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations guys, be proud!!! You deserve it so much!!!

agree with every word

Thanks a ton!!! The words about the production warms me a lot. The hi-hat from Tom is a bitch, an extremely thick Z model that have 0% warmth in itself. Only a metallic noise, really no sizzle, only rattle. He loves it and when I tried to do without it (Alive Again) it doesn´t quite sound like Tom. Next time I will make more effort to find a microphone that makes it sound cooler (This time abrand new AKG C414 didn´t really get the job done)
See ya
D

I've got to say... now that I've heard WD a few times... I really REALLY like it. There are songs from WD that, to me, are instant classics. I am particularly digging 'Reasons'. I have but three words for the guys: "WOW..." and "thank you!"

All we need now is a world tour...? :headbang:

jeesus christ... It even works in my car stereo... nothing has worked in my car stereo until now... because it's the manufacturers piece of shit clarion.

very cool album all together now when I've had the time to listen to it thoroughly.
Trust is "the" winner!
awesome song, but I think it's all together a very strong album, let's just hope it gets the attention it deserves!

the booklet is also very cool, simple, stylish and it was interesting to read about the songwriting and lyrical concepts.

i'd say at this point it is a strong 9+ album
(because I can't seem to remember any lyrics or melodies to sing from it.)

best album in this year! only new king diamond can be better;) but this is different kind of music

Don't get your hopes up dude. I've heard the new KD and I was not particulary impressed. I'm hoping a few more listens will change my mind, but I don't think it will top White Darkness. But like you said it's a totally different style.

Edit: the new KD is really growing on me!! But WD is still the best :)

Dan Swanö;6244736 said:
Thanks a ton!!! The words about the production warms me a lot. The hi-hat from Tom is a bitch, an extremely thick Z model that have 0% warmth in itself. Only a metallic noise, really no sizzle, only rattle. He loves it and when I tried to do without it (Alive Again) it doesn´t quite sound like Tom. Next time I will make more effort to find a microphone that makes it sound cooler (This time abrand new AKG C414 didn´t really get the job done)
See ya
D

Ah! Yes You phrased it perfectly, "no sizzle, only rattle" that is my biggest qualm with Nightingale, the hi-hat has sounded like that in the past also. I like hi-hats that sound very crispy and choppy and sizzling, it is kinda rattling, as if the to hats are very far from each other when they are open. But regardless....... excellent excellent work my man!!! :worship: :worship: