White darkness in my hand........

I'm a US shopper. I just ordered it from Black Mark. It wasn'was very cheap, it cost me $14.25 TOTAL (that includes the shipping costs) and it arrived in only about a week. I don't know everyone is freaking out about, Black Mark was EXCELLENT as far as I'm concerned!

I'm a US shopper. I just ordered it from Black Mark. It wasn'was very cheap, it cost me $14.25 TOTAL (that includes the shipping costs) and it arrived in only about a week. I don't know everyone is freaking out about, Black Mark was EXCELLENT as far as I'm concerned!

I do like Blackmark, but a lot of people don't. Even though I like them, Dan can do so much better for himself and he should.

I do like Blackmark, but a lot of people don't. Even though I like them, Dan can do so much better for himself and he should.

Well as a label he could do better yes. But I'm just talking about their mail-order service. It was top-notch for me, and very cheap!

Hm. I've listened to the album about 7 times so far, and I do think it's better than Invisible was, but doesn't really compare with the older material, but then again older Nightingale was so radically different there really isn't any point in comparing either :p

Production job, all instruments and vocals are quite close to perfection, and in those areas definitely the best Nightingale album yet, you guys just keep on getting better and better on every album.

However, one minor disappointment - what happened to the 20-minute song the album was supposed to have? :D

Well, my copy just arrived in the mail today. (I've been listening to the leak for a week :cry:) Anyway, for those who are doubting Black Mark's reputation... I placed my order on the release date, June 4, 2007... and I received an email on June 7, 2007 indicating that my order had been put in the mail that day. Here it is on June 14, 2007... and, well, it just arrived... 10 days in total from Sweden to Canada. Not bad if you ask me!

Wow, I've loved this from the first listen! Trust is the one track I can't get into as much. But the rest (especially the 2nd half) is just great!

My copy showed up on Friday, and I'm just finishing up my first full listen of it right now (been busy!). A few things strike me right off the bat: the production is by FAR the best the band has ever had, and Dan's vocals sound fantastic. So far, however, the album hasn't knocked my socks off just yet, like most other NG albums have done on the first listen, but it is certainly good.

Nothing wrong with an album that takes time to grow on you, because it's always a pretty amazing feeling when something finally *clicks*. Can't wait to give it more spins!

I know it sounds crazy, but I like it that some of you don´t get off on the album immediately....because that is a sign that it's gonna be a real fave... I remember my reaction to, for example "Battle Lines" from John Wetton.. I just felt all hollow inside and said to myself... That's it?? That´s the record?? And after I "forced" myself to listen more and more, it´s one of my "deserted island" records. Not a bad second. While some of the "love at first sound" albums are now in the category of album you still keep in your collection but never really listen to because you know there is nothing new to discover.
I saw the album in all its glory for the first time a few days ago, and I must say that I am very very happy with the way everything turned out. Yippie!!!

Dan Swanö;6262651 said:
I saw the album in all its glory for the first time a few days ago, and I must say that I am very very happy with the way everything turned out. Yippie!!!

It's a very attractive layout, I enjoy it a great deal!

Off topic... for some reason, whenever I see the title of this thread "White Darkness In My Hand", I always sing the thread title to the tune of the line near the end of Katatonia's song, Black Session, (Black session in my mind)... I lol'd at myself when I realized I was doing it.

Dan Swanö;6262651 said:
I know it sounds crazy, but I like it that some of you don´t get off on the album immediately....because that is a sign that it's gonna be a real fave... I remember my reaction to, for example "Battle Lines" from John Wetton.. I just felt all hollow inside and said to myself... That's it?? That´s the record?? And after I "forced" myself to listen more and more, it´s one of my "deserted island" records. Not a bad second. While some of the "love at first sound" albums are now in the category of album you still keep in your collection but never really listen to because you know there is nothing new to discover.

I shall continue to listen to White Darkness!