Who does Opeth covers?

NightFlier

Oct 28, 2001
Any Bands that have done some Opeth covers out there?
I heard Cradle of Filth did an Opeth cover???? Am I correct?

On a side note I just installed Audiogalaxy and it rocks! I already have tons of Mp3! Only problem is my computer (dial up) is way too slow:D

heres my December last year:

4th - opeth/kataotnia/novembre - opeths encore was DEMON OF THE FALL

8th - nile/behemoth/april ethreal - April ethreal's encore was DEMON OF THE FALL - this was their best song and i just didnt like this band at all, i might listen to their cd if someone gives me it, but otherwise im staying away from this band, not my cup of tea.

anyway demon of the fall is the cover, the only thing i can say is that AE version was better on the acoustic parts, more sharp, but thats about it, the lead singer had to growl the clean vox bits too as he couldnt sing them, oh well.

yeah i dont think there is a vcalist out there as good as mikael. imean just as you said the guy from AE couldnt do the clean vox. who, beside mikael akerfeldt, can sing death and clean vox, compose, write lyrics and play the guitar so well? just give me one name and i'll shoot myself!:p

Originally posted by Don Corleone
yeah i dont think there is a vcalist out there as good as mikael. imean just as you said the guy from AE couldnt do the clean vox. who, beside mikael akerfeldt, can sing death and clean vox, compose, write lyrics and play the guitar so well? just give me one name and i'll shoot myself!:p

How about Vintersorg? I don't like the vocals so much in his project, but his singing on the new Borknagar rocks. By the way, I still think Mikael is better, but Vintersorg is right up there.

HEhe...

Cool, so april ethreal (that name rings a bell)does Demon...
I don't know why I thought Cradle did a cover???

Originally posted by Don Corleone

Dan Swano could do an Opeth cover, I think.

yeah you got it Belial. only dan could do an opeth cover...but dont you see that none of them will be as good as opeth?...i mean dream theater could play as well as opeth does, but what about the vox? james labrie would just faint on the 2nd minute of the first track! the only band i can think of is dark tanquility...thats all...even though i dont like them.

"Can somebody send me a band attempting an Opeth cover? I need a good laugh."

Yeah...are there any mp3? probably not.
What would be like the best band to do an Opeth cover??? Idon't know. You say Dan Swano... I mean musically and vocals (not to say Dan Couldn't??)

Do you want a cover or a an identical copy to the Opeth one?

I think any good band could do an Opeth cover as long as they do it at his own style.

Think about this. Do your favourite cover songs have anything in common with the original? :)

Mine it's "Murders in the Rue Morgue", done by :worship: In Flames, and I think it doesn't sound like Maiden do.