Who does Opeth covers?

"Do you want a cover or a an identical copy to the Opeth one?

I think any good band could do an Opeth cover as long as they do it at his own style.

Think about this. Do your favourite cover songs have anything in common with the original?

Mine it's "Murders in the Rue Morgue", done by In Flames, and I think it doesn't sound like Maiden do."

Yeah, that makes sense...I like song covers sometimes and I know their done in the bands own style so obvioulsy it's not going to be identical.

Could you guys stop pissing in your pants about Opeth so much? Opeth's songs are not hard to play. They are hard to write.

Million of bands could play opeth as a cover. Especially live, cause Opeth are not exactly a great live band.

Dont get me wrong, I love opeth, but lets not bee over-fanatical about it, cause you guys are starting to remind me of Metallica fans.

Sfarog

Originally posted by Sfarog
Could you guys stop pissing in your pants about Opeth so much? Opeth's songs are not hard to play. They are hard to write.

Million of bands could play opeth as a cover. Especially live, cause Opeth are not exactly a great live band.

Dont get me wrong, I love opeth, but lets not bee over-fanatical about it, cause you guys are starting to remind me of Metallica fans.

Sfarog

Yeah so...No, sure a lot of bands could play Opeth stuff but I don't know many bands(Almost nothing compared to some of the blokes on this site eheh)

I've just joined a new extreme melodic band and we want to do one or two opeth covers....... the songs we're choosing from are April Ethereal, Demon of the Fall, Moonlapse Vertigo or Drapery falls..... any suggestions people?

Moose

Out of those 4 songs I'd say Moonlapse Vertigo & April Ethereal would be good covers IMO but do whatever ones you want...

I would like to hear a band do some of opeths earlier stuff too. Tha would be :cool:

the covers I would like to do would probably be: Advent or Serenity Painted Death. Advent just signifies the whole Morningrise feel to me, SPD is just a great crazy song. Maybe one day I'll do that.