Who here ranks Maiden #1?

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Just curious who here still considers Maiden to be their favourite band (if they ever did;))?

Not saying ppl here don't like 'em (obviously we do!!), but has anyone had them slip from 'favourite band' to 'one of my favourites'?

i think im with the tinman here...maiden rule and nothing can defeat that but every week there is a band i get into or take their disc outta the cd rack and get BACK into them..but maiden are still the best :D

:loco:

Rob tries to think of a band he prefers to Maiden.........hmmm well I guess I'd have to say they're my favourite band.

Cos they fuckin' rock!

Maiden were my number 1 band ten years or so ago, but no longer. I still like them, and as I've been a fan for about fifteen years I've always maintained an interest in them, but musically they're just another band to me now.

Kiss are my #1 band, Iron Maiden are my #2 band... I doubt this will ever change.

Then comes the host of other favourites like Iced Earth, WASP, Megadeth, Sabbath, etc.. hehe

Its a toss up between ac/dc and maiden
when i was a teenager i lived slept and breathed these bands

I'm still a big fan,But, Since I've brought Horror show, I find myself,Gravitating towards Iced Earth more.:D

Don't get me wrong though, I still love the hell out of Iron Maiden, But, They are getting old and to me Iced Earth are a suitable replacement for them.

Theoretically yes.

I still compare every thing I hear to Maiden, but in all honesty I rarely listen to them anymore. :( However if someone asked me what my favoruite band is, I'd still say Maiden.

BNW disappointed me, especially compared to either The Chemical Wedding or Silicon Messiah. Therefore I'm not really looking forward to the Live album. That could also be put down to the fact that A Real Live Dead One and Live At Donnington were so very average. :(

Maiden never were my fave band. They are definatly in my top 3.

I would only put Deep Purple and Draem Theater above them.

It is hard, because you like different factors of different bands. For me, Maiden's strong points are Bruce's voice, and their ability to write epic songs (steve).

Like others have mentioned, Maiden are ONE of my fav' bands and probably always will be but I don't think they were ever my #1 band for more than a week at a time, much like a lot of other bands.

Just trying to think if I had a fav' band or not and I have to say NOT. I could use the same argument on Queensryche, Helloween, Blind Guardian, etc. as I do on Maiden - they're always gonna be my all time fav's but none could be #1 above all others...

Originally posted by Lord Tim

Just trying to think if I had a fav' band or not and I have to say NOT. I could use the same argument on Queensryche, Helloween, Blind Guardian, etc. as I do on Maiden - they're always gonna be my all time fav's but none could be #1 above all others...

Fence Sitter! :mad:

Make a decision man!

;)

As some of you would know i would rank AC/DC as my favourite band(being the only band which i have every CD and some of them twice).I have to admit that i haven't really listened to much maiden after Powerslave but everything up to Powerslave rates highly in my list of all time favourite albums.plus the 1985 Maiden concert at the Horden in Sydney still rates as one of my favourite concerts of all time(along with the 1st time i saw Metallica in 1989 at the Hordern and the 16 AC/DC concerts i have seen over 4 Australian tours)

I'm with Trent on this one. KISS will always be my fave band because I would never have discovered music without them. Maiden are an honourable second though. Out of all the other groups I got into in 86/7 (AC/DC, Van Halen, Aerosmith), Maiden are still head and shoulders above the lot.

If we're talking most important or influential bands, The Beatles would top that list- no questions asked.

W