Who is this generations Metallica/Maiden/Sabbath?

+
Cool! finally something Stormwatch, Maidenhead & i can agree on, 'Justice' is Metallica's Masterpiece. also manthatfollowshell, aliasp & mrthrax like it, looks like it's the Metallica album for Anthrax fans.

It had always drove me crazy that the only song they would play live was "one" from that album. They finally in the past few years started playing Blackened, Harvester of Sorrow and a random one or two others here and there.

Then you'd have to listen to half of the black album and horrid garbage shit like Ain't my Bitch or "Give fuel give me fire" lol. God what the fuck happened to those guys

I was peaking last November when they did Harvester of Sorrow. Shame they didn't do Blackened which is my fav Metallica song.

Good thing is they played a LOT of old school at their Australian shows - hardly anything of Load/Reload and not one of St Anger! More from Lightning, Puppets and Kill em All too with Death Magnetic thrown in and abouts.

never seen them live but do people actually rock out to the new shit?

Puppets then justice for me.

I haven't seen them live since about 10 years go and that will be the last. They opened with master of puppets and I was thinking it was going to be at least tollerable. Then they proceed to play almost the entire black album, a variety of songs from load/re-load and did some older songs acoustic. When they pulled out the acoustic guitars and started doing songs from Kill Em All acoustic I wanted to vomit. They had a good 'sound' but the set list was awful and there wasn't anything from Justice other than One. I had a free ticket. I have vowed to never ever pay for anything Metallica puts out again including music, concert tix, merchandise etc. I won't be going to the big 4 because I despise the fact that they are the headliners of more deserving THRASH bands. Fuck them

I love the drums on And Justice For All. When you play that album in a good system the drums are fuckin awesome sounding. The kick drum 'thumps' and makes up for a lack of bass (which I personally don't mind). Nerdy musicians will listen to Justice and say "oh there is no bass" but I don't give a shit. The guitars and Drum sound to me is perfect sounding

And Justice For All is by far my favorite Metallica album and one that I would consider 'amazing'

I don't really mind the bass drum. It's the flat snare that pisses me off, and I'm not talking about the sloppy fills in the title song for example. But this album does have pretty good riffing, and Dyers Eve is probably my most favorite Metallica song.

As far as the first four Metallica albums go for me, Justice will always be at the top for me too. Ride the Lightning comes pretty close, though. I've seen Metallica live before and I've noticed that ever since they realized how shitty St. Anger was, their setlist has been improving. There's a lot of variety nowadays with their setlist and I haven't seen them play the the exact same songs once. And yes, as awesome as Dyers Eve is, Lars cannot fucking do it anymore.