WHO REFERRED YOU TO OPETH

Amazon.com :D

I was reading the user comments on Cynic's "Focus." One user compared Cynic to Opeth, curious, I had to check them out. Not a good comparison. They are very, very different. (I like Cynic more, personally).

Just recently got into the band, I like a lot of different types of music so I downloaded some tunes for my ipod and became addicted to this band in a short amount of time. Took a little time to get used to the more extreme vocals but the music just blew me away. Very intense and atmospheric and I am just beginning my journey of discovery that is Opeth:headbang:

my faggot friend who listens to tool, elliot smith and opeth exclusively got me into em a few years back

Friend of mine played the track deliverance for me when we were on a roadtrip to myrtle beach. The sun was coming up from the smoky mountains at the time and i was just hooked. At first i was turned off cause it was a bit brutal (for my tastes at the time,now i love anything brutal), but the jazzy and mellow-stonerlike breakdowns are like none other. I can now honestly say that they will remain my favorite band of all time and my mind isn't going to change

Discovered a link to the Opeth website which I randomly clicked on whilst browsing Soilwork's website after a friend told me they were better than KsE. Right afterwards, I downloaded Master's Apprentices and it was love upon first listen.

I went to amazon.com and someone told me to check out OTEP. I decided to check out the band with a similar name (Opeth) i remembered hearing about for years.

I listened to damnation first, loved it. I then downloaded blackwater park, and was taken back by the screams. Iv only heard basicly my dying bride before (in terms of growling) so it was quite the departure.

I enjoyed the acoustic parts, and the mellow vocals. I continued to listen, and get through each of the records until the screams became part of the music to me and i eventually bought the records, the dvd, tshirts, went to concerts. and basicly still like them alot.

In 1999-2000, a friend of my lady companion at the time (thankfully now an ex) was planning on killing the whole of the planet with his fascist organisation (he's since given up that idea and gone to college, I don't know where he is now), so obviously he caught my attention. I visited his profile at the web site where they'd met, and he'd listed "My Arms, Your Hearse" in the section about favourite music, so I decided to download some of it on Napster. I'd gotten "Demon of the Fall" and "Credence" and was hooked.